2019 F250 Death Wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wouldn't be much of a point in doing this if you don't turn the steering wheel enough to move the tires. Also, if you unload the weight off the tires to check the ball joints you might grab the tire at 6 and 12 o'clock and check for slop in the wheel bearings. You might have a combination of small issues causing your problem and not just one.
Most of the wheel bearing issues I have seen in the last 20 years came in as just a few things.
What’s that noise (sealed bearings) those that “turned up, the radio” came in with an ABS fault complaint. Isn’t far after that they show up on the hook, saying the tire guys must of left the lug bits loose. 👍
I still wish they handed out scotchlocks by the handful with every tank of fuel.
D8DFBA23-B4BB-41D4-852A-99B388392244.jpeg

I raised 2 kids and paid a very expensive lawyer to run off the X-wife with the proceeds from repairing the damaged caused by them.
35B0235B-CACE-4EBB-B707-BC5404FE5D39.png

Last edited:

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2019 with about 15K miles. Just use it for range time and the usual hauling. Had that happen to me a few months ago on I-35 north of Edmond. I thought the thing was going to come apart right there on the highway. At least now I know what it is.

Yourmomnova

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just spent 6 months figuring this out on my buddy's truck and we finally got it fixed after 6 times on the lift. Tracinator, Ford Track Bar | Baja Customs

I do not know what's out there for 2019's but the track bar is almost always the main problem.

Here's a list of things we tried:
Factory track bar - fixed it for 5 months before it got bad again
Sway bar links - no effect
Ball joints - no effect
Bilstein 5100's - mild effect but combined with the track bar, they made a difference
Baja track bar - FIXED EVERYTHING

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the death wobble? Any ideas on how it can be fixed or repaired?

I was driving down the turnpike about 75, hit a small bump and felt like the front end was going to shake loose. Slowed down to about 55 and it went away. It’s happened to me twice over the past three months and it’s an unsettling feeling.
It’s not that uncommon, you can find a lot of articles about it

makeitworkok

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a quick update. Ford has a customer satisfaction program where they will replace the steering damper and/or track bar if you're experiencing these issues. Of course, they were out of stock and I needed it done, so I got a Rancho steering damper. It solved the problem for now. I'm sure it will wear out over time like any mechanical device, but so far so good. The OEM damper I removed sounded like sweaty farts when you try to actuate it, the new one is smooth and has no sound.

Latest posts

Top Bottom