2021 Deer Chatter/Pics/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the stand today to fix a camera that was going nuts sending a pic every minute for the last 24 hours and to fix the spinner control in the feeder.
Cycled the power on the camera and it started sending pics like it should with actual motion. Stopped at Atwood's to get a new controller for the feeder.
Got it programmed and installed. It's throwing now.
Went across the road and put up a new blind. My farmer is working that ground now so the giant food plot will be put in wheat shortly.
7A2F27E8-7C59-442A-8115-1DE9D1EC08A8.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, does a little storm, kinda like what's rolling through the okc metro area this morning ruin the whole weekend or just this morning's hunt?
It started raining up here about 5:30 while I was on my way in to the stand, and it just stopped about 5 minutes ago. At this point, I’m drenched, cold, and have only seen 5 deer. I’m trying to stay until at least 9. As far as hunting, I don’t think the rain is a problem at all.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It started raining up here about 5:30 while I was on my way in to the stand, and it just stopped about 5 minutes ago. At this point, I’m drenched, cold, and have only seen 5 deer. I’m trying to stay until at least 9. As far as hunting, I don’t think the rain is a problem at all.
Hopefully you have some luck this morning.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a report from my brother around noon yesterday. He's down at my ranch for 4 or 5 days to open the season. He and his wife saw 43 deer and 6 turkeys but didn't take a shot as they are waiting for the big ones to make their appearance. They did this same thing last year and got two very nice bucks but no turkeys. My mantra is you snooze you lose........take the shot
Here are a couple of pic's from the feeder he is hunting near from Aug. 2021

Attachments

• MFDC5466.JPG
    MFDC5466.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 91
  • MFDC5467.JPG
    MFDC5467.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 95
  • MFDC6107.JPG
    MFDC6107.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 92
  • MFDC5464.JPG