2022 Garden thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been waiting to see this thread pop up. Do you guys start your stuff indoors and then take outside once the last frost hits? My son and I just have a small garden in the backyard but he’s anxious to get things going again
I planted seeds this last weekend. But in a greenhouse, my experience starting in the home was spindly plants. But if one was on top of the seedlings they could likely do better. I'd think the plant trays would have to be hauled in and out of the home when weather permitted. I only planted certain long maturing plants, tomatoes and peppers being the main focus. But I also put in some more cabbage, carrots and lettuce.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About the only things I used to start early would be onions and English Peas.
Started onions last fall, we now have our own starts ready to go. Most of the fall sweet peas crashed by low temps but what I seeded weeks back is still kicking. At least at present, we'll see what this front brings.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YOUR grand parents and great grand parents did not buy garden inputs. They made they're own. And you know what ? They succeeded and the flavor of they're produce was off the chain !

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard about this countless times and never tried it myself. I hope to see great success and pictures of course. Best wishes and keep us posted brother.
CB's greenhouse and garden on youtube does straw bale gardening every year and he has all the information on how to condition them before planting. Super nice folks, I have his phone number and have talked with him. He really loves what he does. He is just getting over cancer treatments.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know we like our tools, this was recommended and is off the chain a sweet tool. Got it for Christmas and have made good use of it. The stab works awesome and pokes easy holes. The serrated side knocks out what ever you attack. It cuts frozen soil. You'll have groceries flying lol. The smooth blade edge is just right for earth and with a decent whack you'll take out what ever ya aimed for. The sharp is as a garden tool should be. The concave gives you a small dump load. The finish is a mirror, see the sky in the blade going thru 6mil of plastic ? About 6 weeks from now we'll see how it does on asparagus. It is a serious tool and could probably draw blood. lol.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007WFG2I?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Attachments

• 20220205_163432.jpg
    20220205_163432.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220205_163527.jpg
    20220205_163527.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 45

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know we like our tools, this was recommended and is off the chain a sweet tool. Got it for Christmas and have made good use of it. The stab works awesome and pokes easy holes. The serrated side knocks out what ever you attack. It cuts frozen soil. You'll have groceries flying lol. The smooth blade edge is just right for earth and with a decent whack you'll take out what ever ya aimed for. The sharp is as a garden tool should be. The concave gives you a small dump load. The finish is a mirror, see the sky in the blade going thru 6mil of plastic ? About 6 weeks from now we'll see how it does on asparagus. It is a serious tool and could probably draw blood. lol.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007WFG2I?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Yes those are often recommended . I still don't have one .LoL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom