Spring is Right Around the Corner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they do well , providing it's one of the many cold hardy varieties. Couple years ago, I believe I rooted about 175 cuttings . It's amazing what a following figs have. There's a fig forum where there's likely more signed in members than right here. There's a web site called fig bid where you bid on cuttings. Some of the "new" stuff can fetch a decent dollar for a stick.
My friends Nursery back in Seattle sometimes has more than 100 varieties, people also.think that they don't grow in the PNW. He also hase.contracted with Lubara in Switzerland for some are varieties of other fruits, like resolve apples (red flesh) He ships

https://restoringeden.co/product-category/fruit-trees/fig/
Currently I have the aforementioned Chicago Hardy over wintering in the garage and one in the ground I am not sure made it.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friends Nursery back in Seattle sometimes has more than 100 varieties, people also.think that they don't grow in the PNW. He also hase.contracted with Lubara in Switzerland for some are varieties of other fruits, like resolve apples (red flesh) He ships

https://restoringeden.co/product-category/fruit-trees/fig/
Currently I have the aforementioned Chicago Hardy over wintering in the garage and one in the ground I am not sure made it.
There's a couple folks that come to mind in Washington. I was on a fig kick for a while couple years ago and have a decent handful mostly in pots but a few in ground.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But plans for me, want to try Arkansas Black apple, couldn't grow them in the PNW due to disease.

Gonna put in some PawPaws on the shady side of the house

European plums Green gage (the best) and tbd

Japanese plums Spencers Hollywood maybe Santa Rosa

Might attempt some of the heat tolerant raspberries out of GA again, last summer was a bad summer to start.

I need to get some nitrogen fixers in don't know what yet.

Gonna see if I can bring myself to plant black berries, as a Northwesterner you spend years fighting to keep them out of your yard. They take over everything pic related.
9672296957_4a8c998de1.jpg

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The green gage plum are way up there on the yummy list. I've got a handful of pits that I hope to plant.
I am not sure how true to seed they are, I think they might be close like peaches, or you might wind up with a sour mirrabelle but there are multiple grafted varieties of green gage. The original name being more of a catch all. I had one I espalliered next to the sidewalk of my old house. Fruit was never stolen because they never looked ripe. Same trick works with yellow raspberries.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure how true to seed they are, I think they might be close like peaches, or you might wind up with a sour mirrabelle but there are multiple grafted varieties of green gage. The original name being more of a catch all. I had one I espalliered next to the sidewalk of my old house. Fruit was never stolen because they never looked ripe. Same trick works with yellow raspberries.

Oh WOW! That's kinda interesting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom