2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, mowing and planting a food plot a couple hours before you’re going to hunt a spot is a horrible idea.:withstupi

Edit to add that I did see deer, but they were extremely nervous and never came all the way in to the feeder.

Same deer: scared of mower

car: going 80mph the next day.

Deer: I can make it!

Car: boom!

But yeah. I think it’s mostly the smell that keeps them out. But easy to reach food always helps.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was sitting on the couch with my wife yesterday and thought I needed to get out into the woods. So I loaded up and made it to the blind by 4:15 or so. Saw a fat coyote off in the distance, 8 doe and a little 5 pt buck.

And speaking of mowing @retrieverman my brother should've definitely got another cutting off of his hay fields.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the deer didn’t get too offended by my mowing and planting yesterday. I ended up seeing 11 does and fawns this morning, but they didn’t move until about 7:45. At 8:00, they all went on high alert, and the buck I’ve been hunting came running in. I wasn’t sure he was going to stop, but he circled around the feeder like he’s always done and gave me a perfect broadside shot. After the shot, he ran back up the trail he came in on, and after about 30 seconds, I saw a flash of white and heard him fall. He ran less than 20 yards from where I shot him. I’m pretty sure he’s 5 and weighed 178 lbs. It seems early, but he was rutting.
IMG_0050.jpeg

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubled on Saturday.
Shot a doe in the morning went to same stand and shot a buck that evening out of the same stand. He was just a 3.5 year old but he has some character with his palmated rack and some mass so couldn’t pass him.
44 yards with the doe and 36 yards on the buck. Shot with my new cp400.
IMG_0138.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom