2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got two 5 gallon buckets of green beans yesterday from a neighbor. Neighbor and I was visiting back in April and I made the comment that I ran out of space before I got green beans planted. Well neighbor called me yesterday morning to come pick the green beans, picked one row to leave them plenty. Was informed they wouldn't eat them so I better pick the rest of them. Neighbor said they had space left and just planted them for us so I better come back and keep them picked.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I got two 5 gallon buckets of green beans yesterday from a neighbor. Neighbor and I was visiting back in April and I made the comment that I ran out of space before I got green beans planted. Well neighbor called me yesterday morning to come pick the green beans, picked one row to leave them plenty. Was informed they wouldn't eat them so I better pick the rest of them. Neighbor said they had space left and just planted them for us so I better come back and keep them picked.
Had a friend that had a bunch of extra from his garden. Fresh green beans, potatoes and baby onions sautéed in olive ole and a dash of garlic powder,mmm mmm.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what’s the best way to prep and store onions once they are ready? My son couldn’t stand it any longer so we pulled one today and looks like they are just about ready! IMG_5099.jpeg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what’s the best way to prep and store onions once they are ready? My son couldn’t stand it any longer so we pulled one today and looks like they are just about ready! View attachment 391782

Get dirt off, trim green off and mesh bag in a dark room is what we have always done.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did squash and okra today. These were done by the Old Alabama Gardner method. He has instructions on YouTube. No water bath or pressure canner. We have done okra this way for several years. It's for frying at a later time. It does have a little vinegar taste to it but just adds a little zing.
First time for squash . Have tried the freezer method but do not like the mushy texture once thawed. Salting it and letting it pull moisture out may work better. We just haven't tried that yet.
IMG_20230731_145619288.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom