2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone planted yellow squash this time of year and have good results for a fall garden. I usually dont do a fall garden but thought i would try squash since my kiddo loves it along with myself.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone planted yellow squash this time of year and have good results for a fall garden. I usually dont do a fall garden but thought i would try squash since my kiddo loves it along with myself.
My experience is when we get cooler nights and dew it usually succumbs to powdery mildew. You can probably baby it along but there probably isn't enough time for it to produce . Days to maturity will probably be into October and cold nights.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First time I've seen a tumeric flower.
IMG_20230906_193742494.jpg
IMG_20230906_195050868.jpg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone tried growing romanesco in the fall? Neighbor ordered some seeds and I told her I'd try some for her.
I haven't, but starting from seed this late you might get a harvest and you might not. What is the days to maturity? Can probably handle a light frost but not confident it will handle mid 20's without protection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom