2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I planted oddballs in the past and my tastebuds said to stick with Hales best. I'd imagine we have a good many odd ball seeds that the giddy kid in me couldn't resist. 🤣

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We did pumpkins last year and really plan on going all in on them this year. Take up so much space but the kids enjoyed the hell out of it
All my c pepo got rekt by squash borers, then they started on my c. maxima was really disappointed. Where I was at before you could grow them by accident.

Farm tourism pumpkin patch is my dream.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my c pepo got rekt by squash borers, then they started on my c. maxima was really disappointed. Where I was at before you could grow them by accident.

Farm tourism pumpkin patch is my dream.

I sprayed the hell out of the pumpkins since they are just for decoration/fun but we they destroyed my squash last year too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We travel so much that a garden is mostly impossible for us anymore.
BUT! There is a solution.
Buddy that does absolutely nothing but sit at home, has a couple acres, so another buddy and I buy all the seeds, bulbs, and sets to put in a 1/2 acre garden on his place.
He just provides the well water to keep it alive.
Gets pretty weedy toward fall so one has to dig around to find the produce, but it’s always there.
We ordered 25 lbs of Yukon Gold and 25 pounds of Dakota potatoes Friday from the local nursery to get here late February.
Grew so many watermelon and cucumbers last year that we used some for targets.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any starting seeds yet? Seems a little early but when I look at the calendar it’s about that time.
I have my Cole crops seedlings. They're a little bigger than this now.
IMG_20230125_124822230_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom