2023 waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A friend of my son did the same thing last year goose hunting. Only they left their gear in the field and just drove to the ER. 5 months later he was back on the mound pitching.
Screenshot_20230910_090804_Gallery.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like pondering on it but with me going on 74 I've got a lot more hunts behind me than I have in front of me.....plan on going till I can't.

View attachment 405587

@Hangfire
My Grandfather killed his last deer at 80, and I was “guiding” him at the time. I’m hoping to still be after them at that age too.
Makes me think of my father in law. He’s definitely not a hunter, but he just turned 71 on Monday, and was slalom skiing (I think that’s one ski if I remember right) behind his boat the same day. I feel like if he can do it, then I should be able to as well.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man caught road hunting snow geese gets 90 days......41 sec. clip.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/video-champion-goose-caller-poaching-geese/
I don’t disagree that this guy needed to get punished for what he did, but with the lenient or non existent prosecutions of “serious” crimes, getting a prison sentence for shooting geese seems like overkill (no pun intended).

Had the guy been a politician or the kid of a politician, this story wouldn’t even exist. :rolleyes2

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We had a first this early goose season. We shot four geese in one flock and three had bands. All bands were from only about 20-30 miles away, one from 2020, the others from 2022.

I guess that fat lazy birds don’t like to fly too far.
"Resident geese" is just that lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom