22 conversion compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keensaber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Kimber Rimfire model in 17 Mach II caliber. I want to shoot 22LR as well. I spoke with Kimber and they will not sell me a barrel. My question is, "Will the Ciener conversion barrel work in the Kimber"? I can buy a Ceiner barrel for $50 and it sounds like an easy fix but I want to make sure it will work before I spend the money on it. Let me know guys. Thanks in advance for the information/help.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
theres a thread on general forums I think. mainly taking your money and not sending product or standing behind it if you have a problem.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the Ceiner barrel will fit; the Kimber has a barrel bushing, and if I remember correctly, the Ceiner is fitted in the upper;

I broke down and bought a Kimber .22lr conversion for my Kimber 17Mach2; I checked today and the .22lr barrel does fit in the .17Mach2 upper; but the 17Mach2 upper weighes more -- a lot more; Shooting the gun with the swapped barrels to see if its going to function is something I'm not willing to try.

I found the Kimber .22lr kits used for around $200; New they run about $325. Ebay; Auction Arms; Gunbroker and 1911 forum is where I have seen them used; Locally I found used ones at Sports World in Tulsa and Bill's in Claremore.

The .22LR is a lot of fun to shoot -- A lot of fun!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the Ceiner barrel will fit; the Kimber has a barrel bushing, and if I remember correctly, the Ceiner is fitted in the upper;

I broke down and bought a Kimber .22lr conversion for my Kimber 17Mach2; I checked today and the .22lr barrel does fit in the .17Mach2 upper; but the 17Mach2 upper weighes more -- a lot more; Shooting the gun with the swapped barrels to see if its going to function is something I'm not willing to try.

I found the Kimber .22lr kits used for around $200; New they run about $325. Ebay; Auction Arms; Gunbroker and 1911 forum is where I have seen them used; Locally I found used ones at Sports World in Tulsa and Bill's in Claremore.

The .22LR is a lot of fun to shoot -- A lot of fun!

Why wouldn't you try it? Either the 22LR will have enough umph to work the heavier slide or it won't. It's not like it's going to hurt anything n

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sports World had a used black Kimber .22lr conversion kit for $180 (Feb/2012); Just have to be patient, and keep looking;

I'm just not willing to try mixing the barrels, to see if it will function -- My kit and pistol seem to work perfect for now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom