225 foot pounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the truck. I wanted to maintain some rake so I only went 1.5in.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_22_30debad1be447e1e771acc2832a83ee5.jpg

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New shoes go on sometime this week. Ironically with the leveling kit this only gets it close to how my 02 F150 sat from the factory. I'm sure Ford would kick these trucks out of the factory with a more aggressive stance if they weren't struggling to hit the fuel economy numbers the gov requires now.

zodiacflyer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe they call that the Jesus nut.
Things go terribly wrong when the safety wire isn't installed. On a Huey anyway.

That's the one. Been a while since I've done a Huey. Chinook has two jesus nuts. I've never actually seen evidence of a nut departing the airframe, as much as I've heard of it. It seems that on a Huey, the big gotcha was mast bumping. That would break the top 9 inches of the main mast right off in a big damn hurry. The thing I always worried about on a 'hook was the driveshafts.... you lose one, and the meshing main rotor blades don't mesh cleanly anymore, and all kinds of loud noises and chaos happens.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right tool for the job. Leverage! My Snap-On 600 ft. lb, dial type torque wrench is about 4' long. I use it to torque the flywheel sprocket shaft to 380 ft lbs. It's not so bad.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Ingersol Rand 1/2 impact that delivers 750 ft lbs of torque. Crap like that gets a few pops with that and checked with my digital torque wrench. Especially if it in a hard to reach place. 250 ft lbs is a lot of torque. Building rear differentials takes that kind of torque. Crushing the crush sleeve requires 300-400 ft lbs, but once it crushes, you have very little room for error. The IR 1/2" wrench is a necessity.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What brand kit did you use and how do you like it? I've been wanting to lift the front of my 09' Silverado and was gonna get the Top Gun Customz kit. I currently have the rear dropped with BellTech shackles to level it out, but I want to take that off and raise the front to level it. Been thinking about it for a couple years now, might get around to doing it this spring.

Swab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What brand kit did you use and how do you like it? I've been wanting to lift the front of my 09' Silverado and was gonna get the Top Gun Customz kit. I currently have the rear dropped with BellTech shackles to level it out, but I want to take that off and raise the front to level it. Been thinking about it for a couple years now, might get around to doing it this spring.

Not to thread jack, but I'm getting my brother one from TGC for his 08 sierra for Christmas. He's going to have a rude awakening when he finds out he has to do the install...

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

Latest posts

Top Bottom