$2500 Conceal Carry Staccato

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone interested in the new Staccato CS? I love my Staccato P, but the new CS is more expensive than a brand new full size P.

Maybe it’s just me, I just couldn’t bring myself to spend $2500 on a CCW. Definitely don’t cheap out on your carry gun, it needs to be reliable beyond a doubt, but at some price level it’s diminishing returns for its purpose.

3176C61C-0541-44E0-AD80-A44C43D5E09C.jpeg

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone interested in the new Staccato CS? I love my Staccato P, but the new CS is more expensive than a brand new full size P.

Maybe it’s just me, I just couldn’t bring myself to spend $2500 on a CCW. Definitely don’t cheap out on your carry gun, it needs to be reliable beyond a doubt, but at some price level it’s diminishing returns for its purpose.

View attachment 313584
As a staccato owner, no thanks

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know, what’s the purpose of your P model? I mean it’s $2400 for the optics model? Range gun? If you love it and wanted to ccw a smaller model seems like that for only another $100 to defend your life as a ccw is justified?

The P model is on my short list and I’ll have one soon. But 2011’s are hard to make reliable. Springfield is trying to bring a more affordable model to market but there are all kinds of problems with them now. I’m sure they’ll get it sorted out and I plan to get one of them as well. Remember staccato had problems in the beginning too.

I personally think it’s still too big for a carry gun for me.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know, what’s the purpose of your P model? I mean it’s $2400 for the optics model? Range gun? If you love it and wanted to ccw a smaller model seems like that for only another $100 to defend your life as a ccw is justified?

The P model is on my short list and I’ll have one soon. But 2011’s are hard to make reliable. Springfield is trying to bring a more affordable model to market but there are all kinds of problems with them now. I’m sure they’ll get it sorted out and I plan to get one of them as well. Remember staccato had problems in the beginning too.

I personally think it’s still too big for a carry gun for me.
It’s a heavy gun for one, not super big compared to one other guns people commonly carry.

The staccato 2011s are extremely reliable, the only downside to most 2011s are the mags but they typically either work or don’t work from the beginning so if you sort out bad mags it’s fine, or buy some MBX mags that are 125 each.

I’m sure some people will love it and buy it, just wanted to see everyone’s thoughts. I think it’s hard to compare to the P. The P is a duty gun for a lot of police agencies, it’s used in competition, home defense, some carry it… with a much smaller CS some of the above is eliminated so it’s not as versatile.

I am on some of the Staccato forums and Facebook groups and those guys blow a lot of money on stuff and they were put off by the price point even.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a carry gun that’s too big or too heavy. Just need a good carry belt and good holster. I carry heavy cause I suck at shooting and I want something I can hit someone with, just in case.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a carry gun that’s too big or too heavy. Just need a good carry belt and good holster. I carry heavy cause I suck at shooting and I want something I can hit someone with, just in case.
I feel like that is a ridiculous statement. There are definitely guns that are too big or heavy to conceal carry for the average person. You don’t have to carry a micro size gun, but for some a smaller lighter gun matters

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like that is a ridiculous statement. There are definitely guns that are too big or heavy to conceal carry for the average person. You don’t have to carry a micro size gun, but for some a smaller lighter gun matters
Agree 100% his statement makes no sense...

In a world of $500 Compact CCW options that carry 15+ rounds of 9mm and weigh less than an empty G19 while being as reliable as any duty sized weapon, the idea of carrying an expensive/heavy Staccato isn't appealing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom