.260 or .308 or .300 WinMag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A couple of years back I got a 300 WinMag for a 1000 yard target rifle, but that damn thing about beat my shoulder to pieces.

If a guy loaded his own, there are many options, and could work up some lighter recoil rounds, but I was using factory ammo. It sure ain't no plinking round!

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All good choices but I stick with what I can get for reloading. If the military uses it then I know there will be a ton if brass out there, even if I have to buy it. The .308 is great because you can shoot it fir fun without it tearing up your shoulder, you can hunt basically anything around here, and it can reach out and hit at 1000 yards.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All good choices but I stick with what I can get for reloading. If the military uses it then I know there will be a ton if brass out there, even if I have to buy it. The .308 is great because you can shoot it fir fun without it tearing up your shoulder, you can hunt basically anything around here, and it can reach out and hit at 1000 yards.

x2.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom