3 gun at OKCGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Whatever, post mistress

I guess that is all you do. If your mommy lets you out of the basement come on out and shoot. It should be a great match. We promise to have you home before curfew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Round count has nothing to do with skill level

If 3 gun is ever going to get big, as it should, the shotgun is the part holding it back.
I've watched dozens of video's and get bored when watching somebody standing for awhile loading rounds into the magazine. What purpose does that prove? It proves you can load a shotgun in short order but nothing about how you shoot the shotgun.

Maybe all AR reloads should be from the stripper clips or loaded one at a time? Why the fascination with the speed of shotgun loading?
I certainly admire and respect those that have put in the time to advance the 3 gun sport. They have really done their time to
practice and be the master of their sport and I'm glad to be a part of that, but I think the beginning shotgun shooter with a factory shotgun deserves to compete on a level with equal competitors. Stock class like I described before.

Last edited:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can I ask what range on the OKC property this will be on? I'm not sure I can make it out this month due to previous commitments but I have several non-forum members quite interested in either spectating or participating. They are gun club members, they just need to know where to be and what time. I checked the primer, but it doesn't appear there is anything included in it or on the main website.

I'm certainly interested come January, though I'm not sure this is a fat mans discipline, I'd give it a whack a time or two. hell, the wife and kid may want to play too.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If 3 gun is ever going to get big, as it should, the shotgun is the part holding it back.
I've watched dozens of video's and get bored when watching somebody standing for awhile loading rounds into the magazine. What purpose does that prove? It proves you can load a shotgun in short order but nothing about how you shoot the shotgun.

Maybe all AR reloads should be from the stripper clips or loaded one at a time? Why the fascination with the speed of shotgun loading?
I certainly admire and respect those that have put in the time to advance the 3 gun sport. They have really done their time to
practice and be the master of their sport and I'm glad to be a part of that, but I think the beginning shotgun shooter with a factory shotgun deserves to compete on a level with equal competitors. Stock class like I described before.

Yep, or if you're like me, I have the shotgun that allows fast loading but I don't put in the time to practice it so I'll be loading slow and trying to make every shot count. Some people are amazingly fast at it and very good shooters as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So a 25 round "jungle run" for the shotgun? With birdshot I assume? Or a mix of birdshot, slugs, and buck?

Sounds kinda fun, but with a 6+1 factory gun I'm going to spend more time reloading than shooting LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom