.338 Lapua

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure which smith you're using - but I'm going from Steve Baldwin's prices at Mechanical Accuracy. So far, he's proven to be a very good smith for long-guns based on reviews from those I trust and from personal experience. I doubt he'd charge more than $300 for just a barrel install, chamber check/cut, and action blueprint (and that's guessing that .338LM would be higher than my .308 was).

I just pulled up that info as a reference. I don't know the guy; but it doesn't seem that far off. If Mech. Acc. can do a full blueprint job for $300, I'd say great.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Sure! Half the length of the butt is recoil pad, the cartridge is based on a necked down .50 bmg, and the rifle is semi auto with option for a happy switch. It's made for rapid fire sniping at 2 miles plus. The computer on the baby will automatically select and fire at targets as you sweep the weapon across the enemy line. The 300 grain bullets leave the 16 inch barrel with a muzzle velocity of 6493 fps, and has about 25,000 lb/ft of energy. The rifle and scope weigh 8.5 pounds loaded with 20 round mag.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure! Half the length of the butt is recoil pad, the cartridge is based on a necked down .50 bmg, and the rifle is semi auto with option for a happy switch. It's made for rapid fire sniping at 2 miles plus. The computer on the baby will automatically select and fire at targets as you sweep the weapon across the enemy line. The 300 grain bullets leave the 16 inch barrel with a muzzle velocity of 6493 fps, and has about 25,000 lb/ft of energy. The rifle and scope weigh 8.5 pounds loaded with 20 round mag.

I got 28,078.785 foot pounds of energy for a 300 grain bullet at 6493 feet per second. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom