380 ammo$$$$?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well there has certainly been some changes over the last year and a half. 380 has always been a little sister round. The manufacturers still look at it like that. I suspect that still today there are lots more people looking for 9 mm than 380. At least volume wise. So they're gonna keep on making the 9mm and squeezing in a little 380 every now and then. If in another year there's still a high demand we'll see one of two things.
1.) The current manufacturers will develop a dedicated assembly line for 380.
2.) We'll see some upstart company come on board and start making it.
With the current economy manufacturers are being real careful about where they put thier investments.
They are looking for the fastest return of profit with the least overhead.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So many new 380's have been introduced means more buyers of ammo; from all the articles I've read, this situation won't be over for a long while.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm starting to see it more and more. Bought several boxes from Walmart two weeks ago and bought some really hard to find Hornady Critical Defense from Academy Monday.

LeadSlinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cabelas just became an exclusive dealer for Herter's ammo...Don't know much about it other than it's Russian and noncorrosive . But, they have .40S&W, .80, .45ACP, 9mm, .223, 7.62X39, .308 .30 carbine. The .380 is $179.99 for 500 and $339.99 for 1000 plus you get dry boxes. Also you don't have to pay tax...might be worth a check out....I have ordered ammo from them before and the shipping is really reasonable also.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.38 Special and .357 have also been slow to rebound from the ammo rush.

It seems like Academy has the best luck with getting .380 in stock. They also seem to be charging "below" what you would pay at a smaller gun shop. The power of volume I suppose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom