401k contribution - Yay or Nay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ignore Dave Ramsey here, ALWAYS contributed at least the company match. That’s free money, if you would have put in 6 they would have put in 6 (12% of your income saved pre tax) you’d still be ahead even if the stock market dropped 49%.
LIFE is what happens while we are trying to make up our minds, and waiting on more favorable economic conditions! Then we wake up one day, and are old, and retired!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve lost close to $10000 over this last year. People can say what they want but I am only putting in 1% right now. If things get better I will bump it back up. I take things day to day. I may not be here another second on this earth.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve lost close to $10000 over this last year. People can say what they want but I am only putting in 1% right now. If things get better I will bump it back up. I take things day to day. I may not be here another second on this earth.
yeah i mean frankly rich old people don't have it much better than poor old people. wealth is only worth it when you are young.

RangerRick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really only a loss is when you sell or cash out, if you don't sell or do anything value may increase by $50000 in ten years. if you look at history it will come back

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s hard to do, impossible for some, but take emotions out of the thought process for trading stock. Step back and look at the logic you’re using. I’m glad you’re not selling now, but using dollar cost averaging (buying consistently during markets ups and downs) is better than trying to time the market. Especially the younger you are.

You should be buying the dips, not waiting for the recovery, but the majority of retail investors like us do exactly what you are doing. That’s how the rich get richer, they will sell when you start buying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom