4473 transfer questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been a few years since I've purchased a firearm through a dealer. I remember that you could only use the same dealer once every 30 days or something like that without raising red flags.

I recently purchased a weapon from out of state and used an FFL here in BA for the transfer.

What are the guidelines on how often you can use the same FFL or either local purchases or transfers?

thanks,
J

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know real specifics to your question, but I can say with certainty that I have purchased as many as 6 handguns in a one month period and didn't have any problems with the approval process.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you buy more than one HANDGUN / PISTOL (Not longuns) in a Five day business period from the same dealer, the dealer must submit a multiple handgun sale form. One copy stays with the 4473, one copy goes to the local Sheriffs offfice, and one goes to the ATF National Tracing Center in Kearnesville, WV

Only thing I have ever heard is, (which may or may not be true),
if you get enough of them, the ATF might visit you, to make sure that you still own them, and not out selling guns.

Other than that you can buy however many you want...

If you bought 50 rifles from one dealer, the goverment will not directly know how many you bought that day, they will just know one 4473 was submitted.

Hope that helped!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buying 10 handguns from 10 different dealers won't work either. They claim NICS isn't supposed to keep records.
Don't bet on it.
While they don't have any idea of the make or model of what your buying. The frequency of your name being entered will pop-up a flag.

I remember many years ago, a guy got robbed and the insurance paid off.
so, he came in and had me order him one of everything that got stolen.( about 30 guns)
Even though they came in and were picked up over a space of a month
the 8 or 10 NICS checks got him and me a BATFE visit.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have customers who get 2 to 3 guns per week that they buy from auctions. The extra form is only if they transfer more than 5 at a time and there is one customer who gets 20 to 30 at a time.
Never had NICS question any of it.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have customers who get 2 to 3 guns per week that they buy from auctions. The extra form is only if they transfer more than 5 at a time and there is one customer who gets 20 to 30 at a time.
Never had NICS question any of it.

LOL... Dude... Seriously?

You don't submit a multiple handgun report for 2 or more handguns in a 5 business day period?

Latest posts

Top Bottom