.45 bullet lube question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to loading some .45 acp bullets that I've had for about a year. They are lrn bullets and the gentleman that I got them from said that they were already lubed. Now the lube is dry and crusty,so what do I need to do to get them ready to use, or are they ok as they are? Any help would be appreciated. thanks, danny

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are worried about it, you can always relube them yourself. However, the time and effort it would take, you might be better off just buying some new .45 LRN. Hell, lead is cheap.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck I would shoot them even if the lube fell off. 45s just don't go fast enough to really lead anything up, unless the bullets are REAL soft. KurtM

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck I would shoot them even if the lube fell off. 45s just don't go fast enough to really lead anything up, unless the bullets are REAL soft. KurtM

This is valid. The amount of lube that goes into the lube ring of a lead bullet is roughly ten times of what is actually needed.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that right ther is great integrity. J.&K. could have easily said they are bad I will sell you some new ones...but gave the real low down. J.&K. is the real deal good guys one stop shop for bullets. I would think of them first for my bullet needs! Kurt Miller

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that right ther is great integrity. J.&K. could have easily said they are bad I will sell you some new ones...but gave the real low down. J.&K. is the real deal good guys one stop shop for bullets. I would think of them first for my bullet needs! Kurt Miller

you are right, kurt. I posted my reply before i realized who it was. I appreciate it, J.&K.

Latest posts

Top Bottom