5.11 Tactical pants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bumping this up for a good deal and some reviews...

Someone mentioned it earlier but LApolicegear still has some Vertx airflow pants for $27, normal price is $100+ http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-vtx-8620odc-airflow.html. Sizes are limited though. Meant for hot weather but I wore them during a run in 50 degree temps with a thin base layer underneath and they were pretty comfortable. Straight out of the box they're pretty stiff but I imagine they'll soften up after being washed some.

Bought a pair of the Duluth Firehoseflex and normal firehose pants during the black Friday sale. Love the flex but the normal pants are way too heavy for me, may be ok for cold winter time use but I'll probably return them for another pair of the Flex.

On the tactical/tacticool side of things, BP Outfitters had these pants http://bpoutfitters.net/OPSINTEGRATEDBATTLEPANTS3DINKRYPTEK-MANDRAKE in stock so I picked up a pair. Used them a lot this fall and they've held up great. Very well thought out design. The adjustable knee pads work great, would have been nice to have during July's low crawl drill.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May not be tactical per se but Duluth trading makes some kickass pants. The firehose flex pants feel like pajamas but are pretty damn tough. They kind of appear tactical with the leg pockets and flaps over the pockets. Highly recommend. Have yet to wear a pair out since I found them a year or two ago. Couldn't get dickies or carrhardt to last that long plus the firehose flex material really moves with you instead of binding you up if you know what I mean.

http://m.duluthtrading.com/store/product/mens-duluthflex-fire-hose-pants-45507.aspx

Got a pair. Got another pair on the way and a pair of jeans too. These things are the shizznit! They would be the ultimate CCW pants if they would put the little pocket that's inside the right front pocket in the left side too. That thing is perfect for carrying a backup magazine so you lefties are all setup. I love how the pocket flaps will tuck inside the pockets they cover and that they even put in another set of velcro patches to hold them in place so the pocket stays open. That's attention to detail right there. With the sales they've been running these run just over $50 if you get the free shipping. They're worth every penny.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im a tactical mall ninja and I approve 5.11!!! I have 8ish pair and they are wonderful. I have standard weight and light weight ripstops. I have a guilty pleasure of browsing ebay for used pair in my size. I once scored 3 pair of 5.11 standard, and 2 pair of gap heavy dress kakis in my size shipped for 15$. I have been wearing those used pants for 3 years, and the previous owner stated he had them for 5.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a pair. Got another pair on the way and a pair of jeans too. These things are the shizznit! They would be the ultimate CCW pants if they would put the little pocket that's inside the right front pocket in the left side too. That thing is perfect for carrying a backup magazine so you lefties are all setup. I love how the pocket flaps will tuck inside the pockets they cover and that they even put in another set of velcro patches to hold them in place so the pocket stays open. That's attention to detail right there. With the sales they've been running these run just over $50 if you get the free shipping. They're worth every penny.

They are by far the best pants I've ever owned. Told ya that you'd be ordering more, lol! Keep looking around that site. Almost all their stuff is great. At this point I'm a duluthtrading junkie.

An option for spare mag carry is here. Hidden in plain sight and it's not lost in the pocket.

http://www.snagmag.com

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah you weren't lying, I want to wear 'em every day. I'm kicking myself for not buying more the other day when they had 30% off and free shipping on $50 orders. Oh well I imagine it'll come back around before long.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom