5.11 Tactical pants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. The standard weight ones (not the lightweight) hold up great. Like I said, I've got a pair I've had since at least 2006/7 that I've run through the wringer.

They cost no more than carhartt equivalents and are way cheaper than many of the haute-tactical stuff out there these days.

I get by with regular jeans and work pants these days but 5.11s shouldn't be dismissed because mall ninjas like 'em...lol

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. The standard weight ones (not the lightweight) hold up great. Like I said, I've got a pair I've had since at least 2006/7 that I've run through the wringer.

They cost no more than carhartt equivalents and are way cheaper than many of the haute-tactical stuff out there these days.

I get by with regular jeans and work pants these days but 5.11s shouldn't be dismissed because mall ninjas like 'em...lol

That was my thought.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://tacticalgear.com/511-knee-pads-black

assets.cat5.com_images_catalog_products_2_2_5_0_8_0_650_511_kn45a9ae927b599536df4df63358658d7c.jpg

I use those in my 5.11 when I do the Run n Guns. After multiple knee surgeries, they help and make a difference.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May not be tactical per se but Duluth trading makes some kickass pants. The firehose flex pants feel like pajamas but are pretty damn tough. They kind of appear tactical with the leg pockets and flaps over the pockets. Highly recommend. Have yet to wear a pair out since I found them a year or two ago. Couldn't get dickies or carrhardt to last that long plus the firehose flex material really moves with you instead of binding you up if you know what I mean.

http://m.duluthtrading.com/store/product/mens-duluthflex-fire-hose-pants-45507.aspx

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May not be tactical per se but Duluth trading makes some kickass pants. The firehose flex pants feel like pajamas but are pretty damn tough. They kind of appear tactical with the leg pockets and flaps over the pockets. Highly recommend. Have yet to wear a pair out since I found them a year or two ago. Couldn't get dickies or carrhardt to last that long plus the firehose flex material really moves with you instead of binding you up if you know what I mean.

http://m.duluthtrading.com/store/product/mens-duluthflex-fire-hose-pants-45507.aspx

Have you tried the regular firehose? I was price shopping and all the brands listed in this thread run $45-$50 in my size. With their discount and free shipping going on right now they are less than $15 higher. I've never heard a bad word about anything Duluth puts out, quite the opposite, nothing but praise. Needless to say I'm leaning towards ordering a couple pair to try out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried the regular firehose? I was price shopping and all the brands listed in this thread run $45-$50 in my size. With their discount and free shipping going on right now they are less than $15 higher. I've never heard a bad word about anything Duluth puts out, quite the opposite, nothing but praise. Needless to say I'm leaning towards ordering a couple pair to try out.

Yes, I have a couple pair of the regular firehouse pants. They stay in the closet. The same issues with binding apply to the regular firehouse pant and it is a heavier material than the flex material. The flex is worth the extra money by a long shot. Just try a pair and you will be ordering more regardless of cost.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I have a couple pair of the regular firehouse pants. They stay in the closet. The same issues with binding apply to the regular firehouse pant and it is a heavier material than the flex material. The flex is worth the extra money by a long shot. Just try a pair and you will be ordering more regardless of cost.

Thanks. Flex it is. What was drawing me to the regular firehose WAS the heavier material, I'm pretty hard on pants. But I just looked and even the flex is .5 oz heavier than Carhartt, so that seals the deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom