581 people have been shot and killed by police so far in 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And?!? No one is disputing that. What my initial reference targeted was the early post alluding to the implied assumption that police are "killing innocent blacks", which is a B.S. Black Lives Matter talking point. Yes - there are vastly more whites.....and as was mentioned, you can do the side-by-side comparisons of percent of population, percent of deaths by cop, and percent of incarceration vs. population. We both know how that pans out, but in the end, police aren't specifically targeting "innocent blacks", as the original post I replied to implied.
You point about more whites being killed in no way refutes claims of innocence/guilt. Try again.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where did I say that? I don't have to try; your Matrix-style bobbing and weaving is missing the point, every time.

believeinplace.com_wp_content_uploads_2016_07_swing_and_miss_640x700.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So unfortunately the data I found doesn't break down if they had a gun or not. Armed is everything from a gun to knives, bricks and Baseball bats and so on. So, yes, while the majority were "Armed" doesnt always mean gun.

And there in lies the problem!! You don't get all the information. What you get is the "side" that is furthering what ever agenda is being pushed.
When I read statistics I take them with a grain of salt. What you posted does not have all of the circumstances. Lot more to it than that!!
Do I believe there are bad cops?? Hell yes. Do I believe that the large majority of the 581 shot got what they deserved ?? Hell yes.
Do what the man asks its easy!! If he is wrong take it up with his supervisor!!! Don't die because you think he is wrong... Common sense!

Boot licking has nothing to do with this , I have a family that needs me and being righteous and dead is just plain stupid!!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Something to consider:
Estimates range from 800,000 to over a Million LEO's in the United States (http://www.answers.com/Q/How_many_police_officers_are_employed_in_the_United_states) and if each one of those officers interacted with at least 5 'civilian' during the course of their duty day X 365 days a year = well over a Billion interactions between Leo's and the 'civilian populous per year in the United States. The fact(?) that only 581 people [so far] have been killed by Leos seems like a pretty small number, especially if you compare it to the number of Blacks killed by other Blacks each year in just Chicago alone.
Granted that there are LEO versus 'civilian' shootings that are not justified, but my take is that these are few and far between considering the number of interaction that occur.
The Law Enforcement system in the United States is not perfect and never will be, but it is a hell of a lot better than Law Enforcement in the majority of other countries on this planet (Mexico, all of South America, all of Central America, all of Asia, all of the Middle East, etc.).

Funny how you never see those numbers splashed all over the news LOL.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Raw numbers of whites/blacks killed tell us nothing, because there aren't equal numbers of whites and blacks in the population. Because there are vastly more whites, we'd expect by chance alone that more whites would be killed (i.e., because there are more of them). In other words, to have any interpretable meaning: for every one-million white people in the US, how many are killed by police; and for every one-million black people in the US, how many are killed by police?

The FBI crime statistics will clear that up for you if you care to search their data.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question authority in the proper venue !!! Not on the side of the road where you take a chance of dying!!!
This is Fed up beyond logic. geeezus cripes.
Friggin sheep
Since you're still with us, one can only presume that {a} you've never been the victim of an unjust police action, {b} you've killed one or more LEOs, or {c} you don't follow your own advice... :P

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And there in lies the problem!! You don't get all the information. What you get is the "side" that is furthering what ever agenda is being pushed.
When I read statistics I take them with a grain of salt. What you posted does not have all of the circumstances. Lot more to it than that!!
Do I believe there are bad cops?? Hell yes. Do I believe that the large majority of the 581 shot got what they deserved ?? Hell yes.
Do what the man asks its easy!! If he is wrong take it up with his supervisor!!! Don't die because you think he is wrong... Common sense!

Boot licking has nothing to do with this , I have a family that needs me and being righteous and dead is just plain stupid!!!
Actually if you would have even looked at the data in the link I posted you would find it's all there. However I don't have to time to go through 700 plus incidents one by one, but the data is there if you would like to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom