6.4 powerstroke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so you are supposed to drive the piss out of a diesel to get it to perform right? Probably exactly whats wrong all the major complaints about today's diesels when a mechanic diagnosis the problem. "You see sir, you need to rev it to a redline in park, slam it in gear and cruise at the redline, floor it at every red light light too"...excellent advice. Dual cc is a big factor and I guess I did miss that in looking at the older body style.
As far as not needing a 3/4. I want the bigger cabin space, they ride better in my opinion, and half tons just feel underpowered. Call me crazy but I buy what I want and just want to make a good decision. Diesels last much longer than a gasser. Who doesnt need a truck to last longer ?

Negative ghost rider, the 6.4 needs the piss drove out of it as well. If not and or you let it idle a lot it will constantly go into ReGen and clog up your particulate filter pretty quick. Last I checked that filter is still couple grand.

To the OP, the later model 6.0s have duel climate control option. My 2006 had it (Lariate), but I'm not saying you should buy a 6.0.....
Sounds to me like you have no real reason to buy a 3/4 ton or a Diesel. You want dependable, Not with the 6.4! Your not towing, why in world would you buy a diesel? $100 oil changes, higher pump prices, rough riding etc....
You drive like a grandpa.... Not how newer diesels need to be driven!
Sorry but Sounds like your research wasn't very good.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so you are supposed to drive the piss out of a diesel to get it to perform right? Probably exactly whats wrong all the major complaints about today's diesels when a mechanic diagnosis the problem. "You see sir, you need to rev it to a redline in park, slam it in gear and cruise at the redline, floor it at every red light light too"...excellent advice.
No, they need to be worked though. If you baby any diesel it will begin to have problems. Its like exercising your heart.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets see that time slip . Because I call BS!
I dont have to prove anything to you and I do not lie either.
I'm sure the time slip is gone as is the truck. It was probably in the glove box.
But I assure you, it is'nt ********. 600 hp at the rear wheels and 1180 torque. (best I remember)
And wieght of 8,800 lbs.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
12.90's with only a tuner. Huh these clowns out at the track have dumped tons of money into their trucks and can't get into the twelves!! Three fuel pumps, twin wood chippers, after market valve bodies and torque converters and so on...

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
my truck runs 15.30's. with less than a grand in mods. How bout your 6.o?

Duramax fastest diesel in the world. http://www.bankspower.com/news/show...drag-truck-will-ride-again-at-nhrda-nationals

My 6.0 has gone 13.25 and will consistently run 14.00. The difference in times is the tune, I have yet to put ARP's in and am not looking forward to doing the head gaskets on this truck. You can brag all you want about running 15.30 with less than a grand in mods but my 6.0 went 14.80 with just the gryphon tuner. That may be the worlds fastest diesel but it doesn't compare to a street driven truck.

12.90's with only a tuner. Huh these clowns out at the track have dumped tons of money into their trucks and can't get into the twelves!! Three fuel pumps, twin wood chippers, after market valve bodies and torque converters and so on...

What trucks are you talking about? There are a good handful of guys that have put down 12 second passes in tuned 6.4's it's a good way to be buying new head gaskets because your running way too much timing and running ridiculous cylinder pressure but i can be done.

If they are running a 7.3 they won't see 12's until they pour their life savings into the truck, the same with the mechanical 5.9. The fastest guys at the truck however are running 6.4's and 5.9 cummins. I've only seen one or two local duramaxes break into the 13s. I'm not saying they aren't out there though they just don't bring it to TRP. I believe Chenry time but 660hp at the wheels is a heck of an achievement on just a tune.

Latest posts

Top Bottom