Food challenges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a part of these but they are nearly never planned. Usually, if we are someplace and there is something interesting on the menu it is more a spur the moment thing.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In high school, Taco Mayo used to have the bag of 12 tacos for $6. They might still have it, but they damn sure probably aren't $6 anymore. I used to get this and eat them all to myself. Sometimes I could only finish 11, but it was still common for me to eat all 12.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of Food Challenges, if any of you watch Man vs Food, you'll be familiar with the Oklahoma episode where Adam visits the Catfish Barn at I-35 and Waterloo. It appears this month is the last month you'll ever get to experience their food, as the owners are closing up shop and moving to Italy.

http://newsok.com/steak-and-catfish-barn-north-of-edmond-to-close-at-the-end-of-august/article/3869610

I've never been there, but it looks like it might be time to try it. I normally don't eat catfish because no matter the breed, the body of water in which they were fished, or how they're prepped and cooked, it always tastes like dirty pond water. Perhaps this place has the magic touch.

DT, this place is damn good. Glad you wrote this before they closed. I'm heading there ASAP. I ate 21 pieces of catfish with a Dr buddy of mine. He ate 21 too. We didn't even make the board. So fulllll!!!

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda-sorta...

What we do is bet each other, but for money.

Example: We'll be at Chelino's and I'll bet her $20 she won't eat two whole jalapeno peppers.
She'll bet me $20-$30 I won't eat a lime and a spoon full of black pepper
I'll bet her $10 she won't eat three buche tacos.
At Grand House, I'll bet her $30 she won't eat three boiled chicken feet.
She'll bet me $40 I won't eat raw tripe or raw chicken gizzards.

Stuff like that....trust me...I have made some nice pocket change while grossing out everyone at the dinning table.

Any kind of (testcles) calf, lamb, turkey...whatever type of "fries" except french fries...I can't do that.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Braum's has a bag of burgers deal every now & then, 5 1/4lb burgers for like $6 I believe. When I worked there in high school we used to buy alot of those when they were on sale.

Sucks the catfish place is closing, I hate to see smaller mom & pop style places close the doors. Especially if their food is great.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks the catfish place is closing, I hate to see smaller mom & pop style places close the doors. Especially if their food is great.

Fortunately for them, business is great. They're only closing because they're moving out of the country, not because of a lack of business.

Still, for those who love the place, it's sad to see.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fortunately for them, business is great. They're only closing because they're moving out of the country, not because of a lack of business.

Still, for those who love the place, it's sad to see.

Yea, I didn't mean due to lack of business, guess I should have stated that, LOL. Hell makes it even worse when it's a popular place that has a loyal customer base. Would be neat if someone moved in to take it over without changing it. Seems like it would be a turn key type place to take over.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to give up on the crazy food challenges a few years ago due to G.E.R.D the last one I did was a cup full of wasabi and I did it for 5 euros (army buddy from Germany) the worst one I did that I couldn't complete was a serving spoon full of bittersweet chocolate concentrate at my buddies doughnut shop one night and it was brutal and for those who don't know about the bittersweet I am talking about imagine cocoa powder mixed with lard it is so nasty.

For some reason, I can actually see myself doing that. But then I used to munch on cocoa powder as a kid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom