Food challenges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it all started with July 4th. Nathans sponsors a Hot Dog Eating Championship every year at Coney Island. This years winner, again, was Joey Chestnut, who ate 69ish hot dog and buns.

So, I bet my wife (who is 125lbs soaking wet) to eat 70 hot dogs in 7 days. She loves the dogs for some reason. So, she did it, not without some whining and nearly puking one day, but she did it.

So fast forward to last week. We see a commercial on TV for On The Border Mexican restaurant. the special is all you can eat tacos for $8.99. My wife, in order to show me up, bet me that I can't eat 16 in one sitting. I said game on!

Does anyone else do these shenanigans? or we gluttons (pun intended) for food punishment?

Challenge is set for this Friday....I will own some tacos.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every time my buddies come home from deployment or training, we sit down to a blazin wings challenge at BWW's. one buddy in particular wins every time, normally with a wing count near 40-ish while most of us end up in a fetal position, tactically crying under the table after a handful of em.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to give up on the crazy food challenges a few years ago due to G.E.R.D the last one I did was a cup full of wasabi and I did it for 5 euros (army buddy from Germany) the worst one I did that I couldn't complete was a serving spoon full of bittersweet chocolate concentrate at my buddies doughnut shop one night and it was brutal and for those who don't know about the bittersweet I am talking about imagine cocoa powder mixed with lard it is so nasty.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We ordered some liquid capsaicin once, we'd put drops in shot of tequila. A buddy of mine bet me $50 I wouldn't do 10.....I won, but I thought I was having a heart attack. My left arm went numb and I had to drink a carton of whipping cream just to be able to breath. Victory was sweet

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of Food Challenges, if any of you watch Man vs Food, you'll be familiar with the Oklahoma episode where Adam visits the Catfish Barn at I-35 and Waterloo. It appears this month is the last month you'll ever get to experience their food, as the owners are closing up shop and moving to Italy.

http://newsok.com/steak-and-catfish...to-close-at-the-end-of-august/article/3869610

I've never been there, but it looks like it might be time to try it. I normally don't eat catfish because no matter the breed, the body of water in which they were fished, or how they're prepped and cooked, it always tastes like dirty pond water. Perhaps this place has the magic touch.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many many years ago while going to OSU I bet a friend a case of beer that he couldn't eat a whole 17" Hideaway pizza. The last few pieces were cold but he choked it all down. He threw it all up a short time after he finished. I bought him the case of beer anyway

Latest posts

Top Bottom