7.62x51 Which one to chose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would steer shy of the SOCOMS I haven't seen many of them run very well and I have sure seen a couple of the same ones sold quite a few times. The Scout squad and full size seem to run A LOT better.

Hey Kurt, do you see a big difference in accuracy between the Scout squad, and full size? Can you tell a big recoil difference? I am thinking about one, and am leaning toward the Scout squad, but don't want to sacrifice accuracy. Mechanically does one break more often? Basically if you were to buy one today, which one would you buy?

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me at least, tactical rifle means you want accuracy. Of those choices you listed, DP ms would be my first choice or maybe like someone suggested, A DS A fal type because of cheaper magazines.

stevencmt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know several guys like the M1A's, but they're really a little out of my range. I also prefer a pistol grip, not that I wouldn't consider one if it was the right price.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ron's mount (Smith Enterprises) is the same as the old Brookfeild machine mount. It is the best of the best for M1A mounts and the exact same one that Crane WELDS onto the M-14s they build for the Navy. I have played around with the old Brookfeild and when I say weld is the only good way, it is the only good way I ever found or heard of, out side of the dedicated scope reciever that LRP makes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom