7.62x51 Which one to chose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the last couple of cetmes i have seen were really well put together and everything was flawless, and like i said very well made, but i agree check it out yourself, which is why i said check into it. because every gun maker makes a dude some more then others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the last couple of cetmes i have seen were really well put together and everything was flawless, and like i said very well made, but i agree check it out yourself, which is why i said check into it. because every gun maker makes a dude some more then others.

Yeah, well the one I had looked great. It was a 12/08 build. And it was just barely in proper headspace. Like I said...if you still think you want one, do your research, grab some feeler gauges and check the bolt gap.

I am not a fan of the CETME platform in general. I don't like how the blowback / roller system in the G3/CETME wears. Once it reaches a certain point, it requires MAJOR gunsmithing from an HK guru to properly correct (barrels are PRESSED into the trunion).

Not to mention...the ergonomics are TERRIBLE! Especially for those use to our AR-15's.

:sorry1:

Just get a VEPR, admire how sexy it is, and shoot it without worrying about it blowing up next to your face...or replacing worn rollers.

Be sure to let Josh and I shoot it...

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I've got to ask why not the dpms? The vepr or dsa will cost me almost the same.

I have not owned a DPMS, but my limited experiences with them were not favorable.

The crowd is pretty polarized...I strongly dislike them, but some people swear by them.

Everyone I know that bought a LR-308 ended up selling it a few months later...

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to be the odd man out here and recomend the M1A...UNLESS you are going to scope it! There is NO good way to scope an M1A unles you are willing to weld!! If you want to run an optic, DPMS is the way to go! KurtM

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I've got to ask why not the dpms? The vepr or dsa will cost me almost the same.
I had an AP4. The only gripe I had was it was heavy. Of course the optic I had on it was a big part of that. (50mm on extra high rings is way over scoped).

It ran fine what little I shot it. It was an older model and had the chrome bolt and round hand guard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom