8 months

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1290.12 section A, subsection 12:

In all other cases, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a concealed handgun license or deny the application within ninety (90) days of the date of the receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to work for a background check company , if they have to pull info from cook country expect a long wait they generally take 90 days or more just to respond to the request and longer if you have a common name or one that matches a hit in the database. As far as large city/counties they are by far the worse in the U.S. If you still have family in the area they can go to the county courthouse and request the check that will speed it up but last I heard they still don't have public access terminals.Oh and they are super picky about the fingerprint cards 90% got sent back to us as unusable.

And yet the Dept. of Homeland security can do tens of thousands of them in about working 5 days.

1290.12 section A, subsection 12:

In all other cases, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a concealed handgun license or deny the application within ninety (90) days of the date of the receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff

This. On day 91, you should be contacting your state representative. :(

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my girlfriend over a year. They lost her pictures once, and then said they returned a money order because it was 1 dollar over and she never got it.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A coworker had her (Computerized, at Grady Co.) prints kicked back twice and had to have them done manually at the OSBI. She applied in March and still hasn't received her license.

FWIW, the daily Oklahoman ran an article on this subject about a month or so ago. Claimed to have started an extra shift to get through the pile of apps.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got mine a few years ago, seems like it was real quick like about 6 weeks between completing class, fingerprints, sending off the paper and then going to the sheriff office to get the license. 8 months is a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom