80% receivers--BATFE change?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh, we need this....

On my list of things to make!!!

I fail to see how the ATF could stop a group of guys from gathering together and goofing off with a milling machine. Seems to me this is geared more towards businesses making money by renting machines and giving advice. I can see why they are uptight about that as it makes usurping the law pretty dang easy.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my list of things to make!!!

I fail to see how the ATF could stop a group of guys from gathering together and goofing off with a milling machine. Seems to me this is geared more towards businesses making money by renting machines and giving advice. I can see why they are uptight about that as it makes usurping the law pretty dang easy.

I agree with that.

For one thing, that is ruling statement, and not a law. Pretty sure only the courts can make rulings. Pretty sure actual laws have to be made by elected law makers, elected by we the people. Pretty sure giving the authority to an non-elected entity to make laws is unconstitutional. I did vote for any of those guys. Did you?

Letting you come to the house and borrow my old variable speed, manually operated milling machine is no different than letting you come over and borrow a hammer and roll pin punch to gently drive in the two roll pins in your lower receiver. I think a few businesses were allowing customers to push a button, using the businesses software to machine out a receiver, essentially machining the receiver for them. Now add the "in your face, ATF" factor of setting up and doing it at gun show. Believe me, if you use my mill, you're doing the work. I'm lazy. The advice? I am certain I will tell you not to fu@k up my machine. I have no other advice to give about it, never having done one myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom