80% receivers--BATFE change?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard a couple of days ago that the rules relating to 80% receivers had been in some way changed as of the first of this year.

Knowing that BATFE makes up the law as it goes along, I hope it's just a rumor, but since I know someone who has some of these, it would be a good idea to know for sure.

Anybody have anything concrete?

<edit> Did some research. New ruling appears to have to do with using somebody else's machinery. Looks like those "garage parties" where a group shares someone else's equipment are affected. Any established machine shop appears to be prohibited from letting customers rent machine time with or without advice.

Whole thing looks like a hard to enforce bucket of worms. Here's the link I looked at:

http://blog.princelaw.com/2015/01/0...g-of-the-new-year-is-it-the-end-of-80-lowers/

Last edited:

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screw that. I own a milling machine. Been wanting to do one for a while. Maybe they will get cheaper!

Hey Dave, I'll trade you 1 80% lower for your milling machine. When I'm done with it I'll sell it back to you, minus depreciation, for $0.01. That way I can finish my 80% lower and you can have one to play with as well ;) But really, if you ever want to get together and mill some blocks of aluminum, let me know - I'll bring 2.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Dave, I'll trade you 1 80% lower for your milling machine. When I'm done with it I'll sell it back to you, minus depreciation, for $0.01. That way I can finish my 80% lower and you can have one to play with as well ;) But really, if you ever want to get together and mill some blocks of aluminum, let me know - I'll bring 2.

I might could sell it to you for a spell.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom