9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hig

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make a couple diff. currently and am using bullseye because, as mentioned, it's shoot what you can get! I do like Titegroup but I would load some other stuff and get used to it before loading TG, it can get hairy pretty quick.

I generally load 115gr FMJ over 4.3 of bullseye @ 1.135 OAL for plinking.

For my dueling tree/matches I load 3.3 under a 147gr XTP @ 1.1 OAL or a similar lead bullet when avail. (not casting yet...)

The 147 load is still slightly under devel. I am waiting for some time to get out there and try to take the load as low as I can go with complete functioning of the pistol. Thankfull I shoot a M&P Pro 5" that has been quite forgiving with light loads. The recoil impulse with my current load is pretty pleasing and all I look to do is see if there are any ill effects of going lighter. It's already subsonic and I need only shoot 15 yards max with it for these particular competitions.

On another not, people have told me that BE is too fast for my 147gr loads but I like the impulse it gives. Some softer shooting powders may mess up my timing, but I guess I will have to check that out when more stuff comes avail. again. Food for thought.

Hig

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just the general process. Some powders are more forgiving than others. Once you get your cycle down there's less distraction, more ability to focus on the step at hand, such as meaursing charges. It's a general safety statement, not always fitting. With a superfast powder like TG with a low charge weight and mx loads close to min loads it just takes a slight misstep and you can be in trouble. Tankfully in 9mm a double charge is still relatively easy to notce and not usually the culprit. It's when you approach the Max load and you miss calculate by .2, now you are over, your seating depth might be a hair short and you are getting into a possibly dangerous situation. Take your time and check everything over and Titegroup will reward you.....it's a super versatile powder that can load a multitude of calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom