A buddies son gt his first ever deer this morning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not only his first buck, but a bow buck as well.

A nice 7 point, 87 pounds....

His dad and I put a stand up for him the other day while he was in school, he had no idea he was going. His dad had bought him a bow this past summer and had him practice with it, the kid is pretty darn good.

They stopped by this evening...that kid was beaming ear to ear.....

Thought I would share.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am privileged to do a youth gun hunt each year on the DMAP I hunt on. Kids and their parents are invited to hunt. In five years I've seen several first time hunters take a deer. I get just as excited at they do when they get one.
Back when I started deer hunting, I didn't have anybody to show me the ropes, as I came from a non-hunting family. They didn't have any objection, just didn't do it.
The parent sometimes has to be coached as well, as they are wanting their child to get a deer, but some times, they are new to the sport.

Had one dad that had never hunted, would not allow his son to remove the rifle from the gun case until a deer was sighted, as he thought that was "safe". Took a little talking, but he finally got his deer:D

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A close friend of mine. His son got one this morning. In the pic he was grinning from ear to ear. I know he was on cloud nine. It was really cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom