A completely reasonable way to deal with the new wave of open carry morons.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's just it...the cops can't legally do more. Everyone wants the cops to do their jobs and not overstep their bounds until something happens. Then everyone wants to know why the cops didn't overstep their bounds and violate someones rights.

That is exactly my point. Open carry folks need to take this into consideration and act accordingly should they be contacted by officers. I've said this before and I'll say it again, the side of the road is very rarely, if ever, the time or the place to argue substantive law issues. If you feel you've been wronged, take it up with the department, but don't go around like the goob in the videos just trying to make someone's 8 hour day any longer than it has to be. What exactly does that accomplish?? Besides making Mr. Marked Guardian look like a *********, I mean ... ;) He's not educating anybody. If anything, he is making a lot more enemies for the Open Carry crowd than anything else ... Oh and he makes himself look like a ********* ... ;)

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do those of you who like the way the cop handled this situation really believe that it would be justified for cops to detain you and inspect your firearm any time you are at the range or anywhere else in public with your AR, AK, M1A, FAL, HK91, Glock, or any of the scores of firearms for which there exists a full auto version, based on some vague suspicion that it could possibly be an unregistered machine gun? Whether or not you are standing around on a street corner with a pal video taping you, it is the same inquiry legally.

Bigman405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the officer handled it well. I just hope in September that the officers as well as the open carry citizens handle it well too. The police are just trying to do their job. Give them you ID's and go on about your business. I'm still debating on going open carry or not. I'm just going to see how it's going to play out before I open carry, if I even decide to.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do those of you who like the way the cop handled this situation really believe that it would be justified for cops to detain you and inspect your firearm any time you are at the range or anywhere else in public with your AR, AK, M1A, FAL, HK91, Glock, or any of the scores of firearms for which there exists a full auto version, based on some vague suspicion that it could possibly be an unregistered machine gun? Whether or not you are standing around on a street corner with a pal video taping you, it is the same inquiry legally.

If I was a known *********, yes.

Any other questions?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm all for the option of open carry, but I think walking around with a rifle or a long gun in such a manner is a bit much.

Last edited:

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone chill out with comparing this to OK OC. In OK it states you can OC in a holster. An MP5 slung over your shoulder is no holster. AR15 pistol holsters dont exist to my knowledge. Now that we've squashed that...

I dont know what my take is on the reasonable suspicion that it could be FA is. If I see a what I think is a Shelby Cobra, because it looks exactly like a Shelby Cobra, I'd have reason to suspect it's a Shelby Cobra. Upon further inspection I find out it's some hack job kit car with a Ford Focus motor and it's on to the next one.

If I see a woman walking down the street wearing a short skirt and heels and I holla atter and hear a deep voice reply and suddenly notice a protruding adam's apple...

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that in his course of investigation he was doing the right thing. We all have choices to make, whether a public servant or the public at large, and sometimes it's more prudent to err on the side of caution. Can you say for sure that there were no identifying marks that led the officer to believe that it could have been fully automatic? My eyes aren't that good, but I'd say it's possible.

As others have said, he was looking for confrontation, and that's what he found. Now, if he was being singled out over and over again by the same police I'd have to say it was harassment, but that's something he can take up with the department or courts. Personally, I'd have simply complied, and addressed it later if I felt raw about it.

Starting Nov. 1 I will open carry more often than concealed, and I have faith that the police and population at large will have very little interest with the glock on my hip. I'm not out looking for trouble, or trying to look tacti-cool. I'm simply being prepared if something does happen.

Bighead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of sheer curiosity, would someone carrying an ar15 pistol slung over their back fit the new open carry law? Is this something we might see?

DEFINITIONS

A. As used in the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act:

1. "Concealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger;

2. "Unconcealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried upon the person in a belt or shoulder holster that is wholly or partially visible, or carried upon the person in a scabbard or case designed for carrying firearms that is wholly or partially visible; and

3. "Pistol" means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:

a. has an overall length of less than sixteen (16) inches,

b. is capable of discharging a projectile composed of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury,

c. is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and

d. uses either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion to discharge the projectile.

B. The definition of pistol for purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall not apply to homemade or imitation pistols, flare guns, underwater fishing guns or blank pistols.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I'm not enough of a douche to walk down the street w/ my AK or AR slung over my shoulder, I understand the reality of upsetting the citizens for no good reason.What's he trying to prove ? What an a$$.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the next time a 4th Amendment case goes to the Supreme Court, the government can argue in favor of another exception to the warrant requirement based on the "********* exigency."

:rolleyes2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom