a Quest for the perfect Mai Tai recipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I probably would if i knew what it was... heard of it, but never tried it. No idea what was in it, 'till the recipe posted above.

But then, according to this forum, if you disagree with someone, you're "butthurt".

R-tards all over...

"Butthurt"?????? Whoa fella it ain't that kind of party!!!
Wait, is sarcasm and humor allowed??

XDsooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
best boat drink is probably beer, it comes pre mixed and packaged. doesnt get much better than that, dont need no fancy umbrella ella ella a a a a in my drink. :)

saltydawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
best boat drink is probably beer, it comes pre mixed and packaged. doesnt get much better than that, dont need no fancy umbrella ella ella a a a a in my drink. :)
Oh make no mistake mate, beer is a fine drink and as a brewer I must agree it is a perfect boat drink. However, the quest was for the perfect Mai Tai. This does not exclude other perfect boat drinks just I'm search of the perfect Mai Tai. Those who have had one will agree they are fantastic liquid pain killers. I enjoy a pint now and again and again and again. I enjoy a fine high octane boat drink without the bloated gut look or feel. Also do not imagine I drink with an umbrella. After the first one sticking me in the eye in the trash it goes! We are The Pirates Republic and high octane Beer suits us just fine, wine is fine but liquor is quicker and a drink full of Rum is right up our alley mate! And with the previous recipe provided you can mix it in 1 gallon jugs!!! 1 gallon of 40% equals 128 oz vs 10 beers at 12 of 3.2 ......I'm just saying it is the old bull vs young bull mentality. As for me I will walk down the hill and bang them all without the bloated belly.

saltydawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, ok , ok here's the review.
We mixed up the recipe from p238shooter and he mentioned the ingredients brands are very important. Well, what the hell do they know? Apparently a lot!!! We mixed up a batch with the ingredients we had on hand at the pirates republic .......it was green, pea soup green. This was worrisome until after the first drink and it was strong ... Just the way I like it. But they rest of the crew was not as admiring as I was so we pondered what to do with the rest of lithe mixture and concluded it would be the equivalent of alchohol abuse if we didn't just drink it. So we did. So then we went out the next day and got the brand name ingredients ad prescribed in the recipe everything except Mrs. T's she was an elusive minx! But everything else 5 by 5 and then we went to mixing ha ha while still swirling on the pinch bowl container we checked the color and it seems right. The crew was still leafy about the mixture due to the night before. So I issued a captain's order and demanded they drink they sipped and sipped and gulped and held their Red Solo Cups out for more. So in story this is a very good recipe but not measuring up to the Hawaiian islands. But it was good and I will make this concoction up again. I like the recipe and caution you as a personal testament to follow the brand recommmedations of p238shooter. I am being left to my own devices this weekend so I think the crew and I will try the Mojo recipe recommended by HMFIC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom