A Tough Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The basics of this question are as hard to accept as is the ability to answer the question once the framework is accepted.

Just suppose that the elimination of guns would actually work, and the associated evil were to be eliminated. The forces behind the elimination efforts turn out to be correct, and senseless killing were to cease.

Would you be willing to participate? Would you beat your swords into plow shares?

I don't know where this question comes from, but it can really mess with your mind, even without adult beverages.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets say for example that gun control does work in the US. The next problem is foreign invaders ready for the kill. For gun control to work, it has to work globally, and I really don't see that happening.

Interesting question though.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the intent of the person who asked me this question earlier today, is what would you be willing to give up personally, to save the life of someone you don't know?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If an inmate can acquire, make, or use an everyday item as a killing or severely maiming weapon, it proves the eliminatiin of guns isn't going to stop violence.

Weapons are illegal in the prisons yet they are found all the time. Seems pretty logical criminals don't give a rats posterior about laws.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the intent of the person who asked me this question earlier today, is what would you be willing to give up personally, to save the life of someone you don't know?

Ask that question to any combat veteran.

In a firefight, your not fighting for mom, the flag or apple pie.

Your fighting to save the life of the guy standing next to you.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own guns to protect myself or my family. I have the government to do that for me. I own guns because as long as the continue to make them, I try to do my best to keep them out of the hands of criminals. So the more in my house, the less for criminals and the easier it is for the government to protect me. The same thing applies to ammo and high capacity magazines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom