Academy and AR's, mags, and ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the edmond store around 1000am and the guy said there were 30-40 in line and wiped everything in 5min!! So I was late!!

there was very little out, they told everyone that the truck was late and not completely unloaded. there were a couple cases of 223 and some mags. 5 limit on ammo and a 2 limit on mags. i call bs on the truck, keep checking back. academy is trying to make the morning lines go away.

they gave "tickets" to the first four in line to have a shot at the 1 m&p they got in. i don't know how they determined who got a crack at buying it because i was near the back

i have never gone and waited in line at academy but i was late for work this morning due to some personal business. i'm driving by at 735 and there are 3 cop cars and two cops on motorcycles there. i figure since i'm already late i'd whip in to see what the cops are there for. turns out someone cut in line and an argument broke out so the cops were called. let me say that if anyone from this forum was involved, you should be ashamed. we have a duty to present ourselves as the most respectful, tolerant and forgiving people right now. the gun culture doesn't need that kind of crap on our resume at this time. i could tell the cops were perturbed even having to be there. come'on people, we have an uphill battle on our hands and i hold the members on this forum to a higher standard.
we don't need and can't afford any negative perceptions from retailers, LEO or the public in general.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just left 41st at lunch. Unless you need a basketball goal don't bother.

Impact is showing in stock LE6920s but they are not cheap!

tim003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there was very little out, they told everyone that the truck was late and not completely unloaded. there were a couple cases of 223 and some mags. 5 limit on ammo and a 2 limit on mags. i call bs on the truck, keep checking back. academy is trying to make the morning lines go away.

they gave "tickets" to the first four in line to have a shot at the 1 m&p they got in. i don't know how they determined who got a crack at buying it because i was near the back

i have never gone and waited in line at academy but i was late for work this morning due to some personal business. i'm driving by at 735 and there are 3 cop cars and two cops on motorcycles there. i figure since i'm already late i'd whip in to see what the cops are there for. turns out someone cut in line and an argument broke out so the cops were called. let me say that if anyone from this forum was involved, you should be ashamed. we have a duty to present ourselves as the most respectful, tolerant and forgiving people right now. the gun culture doesn't need that kind of crap on our resume at this time. i could tell the cops were perturbed even having to be there. come'on people, we have an uphill battle on our hands and i hold the members on this forum to a higher standard.
we don't need and can't afford any negative perceptions from retailers, LEO or the public in general.

Damn that is sad. I am glad the crowd at I 240 and Walker have always been courteous to each other at least everytime that I am out there. Hopefully it is not going get bad.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey dx3, it was a pleasure to meet you this morning in the sheep line... Went to the 41st location and picked up a case of 7.62x39.

You too sir! Hope you made it back safely.

They had a substantial amount of 7.62 there at 81st and no-one was taking it. I got my hands on a bunch of .223. They just laid the pallet of ammo out and let us go at it. The manager wasn't lying about the "no rifles" part though...

Latest posts

Top Bottom