Academy has good deal on SIG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought my sig from the Accademy, it's a good gun and I like it. I really like the set up of the decocker, slide release, and mag release, all right there within easy reach of the thumb, that is actually what sold me on the gun. I don't however like taking it apart, not as easy as my M&P, or XD. And it does have a nice trigger. Plus, mine was in a black case with the serial numbers in locations as described earlier by mmcbeat.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
about $45 each.

Honestly, I'd keep an eye out for a good deal on a used metal-framed Sig before I got a 2022 - I'm just not a fan. They're bulky compared to the metal-framed guns I've handled and they just don't feel right - plus, they've had a sordid history (granted, I've heard that most of that has been worked out by now, but I just don't like 'em).

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to work at a LE supply shop. The Sigpro never caught on and we had a tough time selling them at cost, and we were LE distributor direct with Sig. I'd buy a used P-228 way before I'd buy a Sigpro. You can find them frequently for about $500, or what you'd pay for the Sigpro after tax. You'd have a much better gun that will hold its resale value better. JMO

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CDNN has 2022 or sigpro 9mm mags for $29 and 40 sw for $19.99.
I just bought the p250 subcompact and Topgun has mags for $31.
Had a 2340 and it was a a very good and reliable firearm.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to work at a LE supply shop. The Sigpro never caught on and we had a tough time selling them at cost, and we were LE distributor direct with Sig. I'd buy a used P-228 way before I'd buy a Sigpro. You can find them frequently for about $500, or what you'd pay for the Sigpro after tax. You'd have a much better gun that will hold its resale value better. JMO

I read a beat to death thread about 2022 Sig over sigforum, it's seem like a good pistol with a good price. They are used by police forces, military units, even SF units and have been around on the market for awhile. The only thing I don't like it rail and yeah most of people there prefer the "P" 226, 220, 239 for better resale value and easy to sale back because someone out there always wants one.

Its easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission!!!!! :sunbath: I'm also in agreement with GTG on the P228/P226/P225, better gun, and will hold its value better.

She felt bad about it :) I will do some more research in to the "P" sig and rent one at the range to test out first before I jump into it. I want a good size Sig for CC and HD.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at the sales at in academy at the Sig and you will notice the picture is of a glock, someone let that slip by.

Got to work last night looked at the sales ad and I couldn't figure out why the ad said sig but looked like a glock, LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom