Academy has good deal on SIG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just try and get one with the serial number in 3 places (ala Glock) and a black (as opposed to blue) case. Your will not be dissapointed, they have a great trigger.

What is the difference between the guns with the serial in 3 places or not and the blue vs. black case?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the difference between the guns with the serial in 3 places or not and the blue vs. black case?

The serial number thing is just one way to tell if they're all-German guns (as is the stamped "made-in" marks and import markings).

A lot of folks don't know or care that older sigs were all-German guns where as the newer ones have slides that are made in the US (and a number of other parts depending on what model).

I think the black-box guns are all-German guns too (and blue box guns are German frame / American slide) - at least that's true of mine - I can't speak for all of them.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The serial number thing is just one way to tell if they're all-German guns (as is the stamped "made-in" marks and import markings).

A lot of folks don't know or care that older sigs were all-German guns where as the newer ones have slides that are made in the US (and a number of other parts depending on what model).

I think the black-box guns are all-German guns too (and blue box guns are German frame / American slide) - at least that's true of mine - I can't speak for all of them.

Wow, that good info to know!

I would like to pick up one of those 228 everyone talks about

Latest posts

Top Bottom