Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Consumers gas stations they were owned by the same family that owned looboyles I believe. Like looboyles they didn't survive the economic downturn of the early 80's

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Western Union will always be around, so folks not from here can wire money to folks from where they came from U.S. dollars so more of them can come from there to here!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coit's Drive-In. I remember going to the one off 39th and Portland pretty frequently.

Radio Shack and Payless Shoes have all disappeared, at least in my neck of the woods now. Not sure if they are fully out of business or not.

Still a RadioShack in Guymon. Not sure how much longer it will be there though.

My guess with Radio Shack is that perhaps most of the franchise stores have gone out of business but company stores still exist, especially in the larger cities. However, several years ago, they cut back on electronics parts and picked up more on the cell phone business.

It has been so long that I've been in one though, I have no idea of what they are doing now.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Snattlerake

Woolwines (sp)
Duckwall Alco
HA! I worked for both of them as if you didn't know.

There used to be a Trade Mart on the east side of US 81 HWY just as you were coming into Enid from the south. This was waaaay before Walmart. That and the AMC store at 10th and Penn? Both were the forerunner of the discount everything under one roof store. I enjoyed the Kingfisher OTASCO, TG&Y, Gooden's Hardware and my bank that gave me my first loan for 30 head of walking underwear, KB&T, Kingfisher Bank and Trust. Burge Grocery in Dover, and another one in Enid, my favourite restaurant with the most delicious Creole meat loaf, Don Paul's.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not think there's any WALLS left ... I know there was one still in Lawton in the early 00's but I think they are all gone now .

I am pretty sure that they are entirely different "businesses," but there is a HUGE Wall's Drug up in Wall, SD on I-90 and east of Rapid City. That store has a bit of everything in it.

Wall Drug - Wall, SD

Latest posts

Top Bottom