Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I bought a Mossberg 500 there, when the wife and I were really young and struggling. We went in and looked at it. I wanted it SO bad. Walked out and went on to work. Later called my wife and had her and my Dad go back and get it. Still got it.
I love my Mossy 500! I thought after years of carrying an 870 in the car I wanted an 870 for quail.
I couldn't hit crap with the damn thing. I traded it and bought my Mossy and ain't never regretted it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wedgewood was my amusement park probably because it was far closer to Kingfisher. I was one of the kids attempting to ride the Tornado over 100 times. after the 27th time I was so bruised we had to buy a pillow to sit on to ride home.

I think I visited Spring Lake 2 maybe 3 times. The last time was with my daughter who peed on me while we were on the roller coaster. :yikes2:

The OKC gangsruined both places. Sure as hell wished I was of age when they were out roaming doin they bidness.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sirloin Stockade
Roy Rodgers
Neptune submarine sandwiches
Can't say I've heard of the last one, but I miss the other two. The Sirloin Stockade in Norman was on the NW corner of 24th and Main (where Freddy's is now), and the old Roy Rogers was on Lindsey. It's been a Pizza Shuttle location for a good 30 years. I was in the Roy Rogers "birthday club" when I was a kid.

I also remember liking Sambo's and the Purple Cow back when we lived in one of the KC suburbs.

I wasn't old enough to buy guns from TG&Y before they became McCrory's, then folded, but I managed to buy plenty of cleaning supplies from them. I still have a couple of cleaning rods still wrapped in TG&Y bags in the bottom of my cleaning kit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom