Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are from around Midwest City, Ok. I watched many many movies in my youth at SkyTrain Theater. It was in the Atkinson Plaza. The most modern Shopping and City in the Country. LOL!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stuckys restaurants on the toll roads before Mucky Ds
There's a "new" Stuckey's on I-40 at the Seminole exit (212, I think), on the north side of I-40 (across the interstate from the Love's). They even have the pecan rolls. And, apparently, Indian food, though I can't remember if their sign says Tandoori or if that's the place at the Earlsboro exit.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll start....Sambo's(the last one was actually renamed a few years ago but still in operation), Fred Baker's, TG&Y and Aim.

There are still Gibsons and OTASCO stores actually.

All of the above -- and Murf's when they were on the end of Main Street in Duncan. Goodner's Grocery, too. Are they still around??

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Safeway. Great grocery store.
That's because Safeway didn't go away, they just changed their name to Homeland back in the late '80s or early '90s.

We had a grocery store called Grider's. It was in the same building as Target (it's now a Hobby Lobby), and you could go from Target into Grider's without going outside. Their grocery carts never left the store--they had numbered carts, and when you checked out, you got a ticket for each cart you had. You'd go get your car and pull up to the front of the store, then give the attendant your ticket(s), and they'd bring your cart(s) out so you could unload the groceries into your car.

The system worked fine, usually. One of the ladies from church was loading her groceries into her trunk when the next lady in line pulled up behind her, but not quite far enough behind, and mashed her knees between that cars' bumpers...

Latest posts

Top Bottom