Ahhh...Tabasco!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eating a bowl of Wolf Brand chili, I examine my bottle of Tabasco. My wife and I toured Tabasco(Avery Island) on one of many trips to Biloxi,Ms to gamble.

I have tried many hot sauces from crazy insane to mild and boring. From Baja Mexico(not really hot) to the Texas Valley region(hotter) to New Mexico(crazy azz insane hot...habanero/scotch bonnet/ghost pepper).

I still come back to my #1..Tabasco...red...original.

#1.Tabasco...I eat this with everything. The only item I haven't tried it on is yogart and ice cream...................yet. I did have a coworker from India who put a few drops on her coffee. This is fantastic on Cajun food...Softshell crabs, crawfish,boudin........oooooo weeeeee!!!

#2. El Yucateco....green habanero sauce. This is awesome on pizza and turkey sandwiches, heck, I'll put a few drops on saltine crackers and eat a dozen crackers as a snack.....with some nice cold beer....mmmm good!

#3. Sriracha hot chili sauce. Pizza,chicken noodle soup,a few drops on bubble gum.....of course any and all Asian food. Suishi to egg rolls.

These are my stand by, hands down, the ones I always go back to.

Can't wait until cooler weather kicks in!!! My wife loves to make a batch of pinto beans, corn bread, fried potatoes, ice tea, and........Tabasco!!!!!

Cohiba

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like all three of those, but will add El Tapatio to the list. It's a nice, milder red sauce for use on eggs and things. A taster version of Louisiana/Crystals/etc...

I keep it, Sriracha, and Tabasco in the fridge at all times.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Original Tabasco will always be the gold standard. Vinegar, pepper, salt, That's it.No zantham gum, mango juice, reconstituted hydrogenated what the Hell ever. As for the Wolf Brand Chili, it's cooked at a high enough temperature to neutralize the bacteria in the rodent feces and insect parts that it contains. Bon Apatite!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should try "tiger sauce", its really good. It's a sweet hot sauce, I get it at walmart.

acdn.worldcupblog.org_croatia.worldcupblog.org_files_2009_11_highfive.png

I love Tiger Sauce, I used to dip my chicken nuggets in it as a kid. I could drink that stuff.

Tabasco is alright, it definitely packs a punch, but I'm not a big fan of the flavor. I usually put it on my tacos and enchiladas, but only a few drops to get the spice and then I'll put Louisiana or Pace Picante on for actual flavor.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have tried Tiger and Pick a Pepper.

Little Trivia:

When ol Chris Columbus sailed,looking for a new passage to Asia. One of the items he wanted to
trafe for was pepper....black pepper.

Well, Chris didn't get there, instead he landed in the Carribean. The native folk gave him some chili's
and when Chris sampled this....he thought it was a type of pepper.

When the chili made its way back to Spain and Eruope...the pepper name tagged along.

So...to this day...some people call the chili a pepper, or a chili pepper. Guess what the correct common
name is of that pod that makes our wonderful hot sauce?? Chili or chili's.

Thanks Chris for the confusion....pepper....NOT!!!

Cohiba

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insect parts...scared....no way!! Having two degrees in Science and a Masters in Biology
I don't scare easy from critters. Bacteria and Viruses.....much respect.

On of my more tastier critters was a Goliath Birdeater Taranta...don't know the genus or species.
On a trip to South America/rain forest...I had a chance to do as the locals do and get to eat
one. Thrown on the coals of a fire...wait 3-4minutes....knock off any remaining sensory hair
and enjoy. I didn't use the fang as a toothpick!! And this is a totally different story!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom