Wife thinks I'm Crazy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife thinks I'm crazy for starting to gather in a notebook, the food that I'm going to eat for each different NFL game the Texans(and now the Vegas Raiders) are going to play.

The reason for this insanity is that usually the Saturday before the Sunday game I forget about the food I'll eat (during game time)...except when I smoke & cook ribs. So Sunday I'm running like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out what to eat and drink game time. This also leads to arguments with the wife and other such nonsense....wife; why didn't you think about this ahead of today? Now you're running crazy for food and such a few hours before the game!!!

With my handy-dandy note book that I'm starting to put together I'll have food(and beer paired with it) paired with each game.

Example: Sunday Sept. 10th. Friday pull out the notebook and that day I'll be having REAL barbacoa and buche tacos with Modelo Especial. So Saturday I'll gather the food and drinks being ready for Sunday.

Sunday Sept. 24th. In the notebook I'll have seafood gumbo with Lone Star beer.

Sunday Oct. 1st. Chicken gizzards with mash potatoes and green beans along with Shiner beer...and so forth and so forth.

Is this really nuts or just something for the wife to harass me about??

Just trying to be organized and ready for some NFL Football!!!!

Go Texans!!
54510ae8f794dd7d31c251299d3c34d6.jpg

Go Vegas Raiders!!!
usatsi_9973604.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's a GREAT idea, and I applaud you!

And thank God for something other than Muslim extremism (or lack thereof) and Trump to talk about on OSA! lol

Absolutely nothing wrong with this. I should do something similar, but I don't watch the NFL anymore. Maybe I could do similar for college football, but I don't even watch that very much, either. Maybe 1-2 games each of the last 2-3 years. :( Probably just because my work schedule screws things up so much, that if I DO have any of those days off, I'm usually either a zombie recuperating, or trying to do something with the family to "make up for" being gone so much. I'm hoping I'll get a chance to change that sometime before The Boy leaves for college. :(

Anyways, no, you're not crazy, I think you're right on point!

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nope, not crazy at all. Potentially organized and in tune with reality though. I do something similar, I have a cheat sheet of meals for various situations. For example: Church youth group pool party, Dogs and burgers with baked beans and homemade potato chips, sun tea and mineral water. Army buddies and a game: Pulled pork on the smoker with sliced potatoes, onions and cilantro wrapped in bacon.,,,etc. etc. Like you it gets me to the store without much thought other than what to get and such. I say carry on and plan, life is too short to hustle around on game day!!

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you're crazy. I don't normally care what I eat for lunch and THEN sit down and watch the game. We don't watch and eat at the same time in this house. But, if that notebook pulls your wagon, hitch it up.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh you're crazy alright. This was just one of those times she could point it out without hurting your feelings ... :comfort:

Actually I believe the technical term is "OCD" ... where is YG when you need him?!?!? :hey3:

And btw, that DOES sound like a good idea!! Haha!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with some of the other posters. You should absolutely eat nuts on game day! There are so many choices, you could have a different choice for every game!

Latest posts

Top Bottom