Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the deceased has no blame in this? I’m saying if he had been white no charges would have been filed. We all know that it is only to placate the black community. Some lawyers have said they had no legal right to try to detain him, some have said they did. No one wants to bet me $100 that they will be found guilty of murder yet some are using the term murder in their posts. You guys can try to armchair quarterback this all you want. If he had not been up to no good and if had not tried to take the shotgun away he would be alive today. Defend him all you want. The 2 guys in the truck should have waited for the police for sure. I’d say many of us would be tempted to chase down someone we believed to be a thief in our neighborhood. Whether that’s the smart thing to do or not is another matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Then answer this, you are out walking and two guys pull over in a truck to block your path, one guy gets out with a shotgun and tells you to stop, what would YOU do? Would you run? Would you sit down and submit? The McMichaels tried to do an armed false imprisonment, and that illegal act gave Arbery every right to defend himself by any means. And if the DA didn't know the McMichaels they would have been charged right off the bat. This isn't about race placating, this is about the good ole boy system.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll answer and it would be appreciated if you would answer the question I asked. Is the deceased to blame for any of this? If I were out walking and 2 guys pull over to block my path I would go the opposite direction and call 911. If they pursued me and I believed I was in danger of serious bodily harm I would use my handgun to defend myself. If I had been up to no good and was running from a house I had no business being in I would be scared and might do something stupid like attacking one of them in an attempt to disarm them. Your turn?

You don't think someone on a walk and minding their own business wouldn't do something like try to disarm the person who just pulled a shotgun on them?

Really?

I would like one of you guys to tell me you honestly believe this kid was not blame for any of this. I’ll wait.....

I already answered this . . . he did nothing to justify getting stopped by the father/son and reacted to having someone pull a firearm on them like many other people might.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll answer and it would be appreciated if you would answer the question I asked. Is the deceased to blame for any of this? If I were out walking and 2 guys pull over to block my path I would go the opposite direction and call 911. If they pursued me and I believed I was in danger of serious bodily harm I would use my handgun to defend myself. If I had been up to no good and was running from a house I had no business being in I would be scared and might do something stupid like attacking one of them in an attempt to disarm them. Your turn? I would like one of you guys to tell me you honestly believe this kid was not blame for any of this. I’ll wait.....

No, he wasn't to blame. Lets review the facts, something I feel you haven't done. Fact 1: Arbery had not committed any crime in relation to this incident. None. Fact 2: to initiate a C/A in GA you have to witness or have direct knowledge the accused has committed a felony, and due to Fact 1 this did not happen. Not to mention on the police report both McMichaels said they only thought he was the person who was stealing from neighbors. Fact 3: The McMichaels initiated contact with Arbery by trying to detain him, something that is illegal unless you are doing a valid C/A, and due to the fact they did this while openly armed that raises it to a felony. Fact 4: Arbery didn't initiate the fight until the driver came around the front of the truck for him. In fact he ran around the opposite side to avoid the driver. V

Those facts, not your opinions, put all the blame on the McMichaels. The only reason they were not charged initially was because the elder McMichael worked with the original DA. Had that not been the case I can guarantee that they would have been charged right off the bat. As far as their sentencing goes, I would wager a guess they'll plead down to a lesser charge.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You don't think someone on a walk and minding their own business wouldn't do something like try to disarm the person who just pulled a shotgun on them?

Really?

I already answered this . . . he did nothing to justify getting stopped by the father/son and reacted to having someone pull a firearm on them like many other people might.

On a walk minding his own business. [emoji23]

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a walk minding his own business. [emoji23]

Look, I can't stand folks who think they can just waltz onto private property either . . . but you asked for an answer to your question.

I gave it.

Do you think his "trespassing" warranted them chasing him down and attempting to detain him? Would you have chased him down and pulled a shotgun on him?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think there will be a trial for him here on earth. I’m saying anyone with a bit of common sense realizes he was not out for an innocent walk, jog, or whatever other BS excuse one can choose to come up with. I believe he knew he shouldn’t have been in the house, got scared, ran, and stupidly tried to wrestle the shotgun away. My opinion based on everything I’ve seen and read so far. All the lawyer wannabe’s here on the forum crack me up. We seem to have been infiltrated by a bunch of left wing bleeding hearts lately. No one with $100 to bet though.

So anyone who sees this differently than you should bet you $100 and is a left wing bleeding heart?

And you decided to throw around "common sense" in that same post?

Folks can agree that entering a property you knowingly shouldn't is wrong (whether it's against a written law or not), but I'm sorry, I completely disagree that this guy deserved to die over anything that happened that day or that his actions were what caused his death.

Latest posts

Top Bottom