Air Fryer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you folks ever tried an air fryer? Did you like it? Did it work well?

I am hoping to avoid going into the hospital ever again, or at least until I am 100 and beat up by the husband of a Playboy model. One thing my doc recommended is fried zucchini or something instead of french fries. I have the low carb breading down but I am thinking an air fryer might keep them from getting so soggy and less grease too.

I really want an Emeril Power Airfryer 360 because of all the different things it can do, but it is out of my reach just yet. To many bills and I still need to replace the carpet to help avoid the problems that put me in the hospital in the first place. Oh well, lifes a @itch, then you die. :P

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have and I use it quite a bit. Corn dogs, frozen burritos, fish sticks, egg rolls, hot pockets and much more. You can also almost use it like a toaster oven for small items.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought one a short time ago. Still working on different foods but on thing to keep in mind is that you still have to use oil when making fries and some other foods. Just a quick toss in olive oil for the fries or chicken breast. The chicken won’t pass any beauty contest but it will be cooked. Skin on will crisp up some and get color.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing my doc recommended is fried zucchini or something instead of french fries.
I like frozen broccoli sprinkled with "No-Salt" and garlic granules, then medium-cooked in the microwave (I eat 'em with sandwiches/burgers just like fries - minus the ketchup). Of course, this assumes ya like broccoli... but the same process with similar veggies and various spices should work just as well.

From what I understand, air fryers don't really do much more than a conventional (or toaster) oven. They basically circulate hot air around the food.

Anything that makes it easier might help, though. Your call.

Luck.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've got one, it's a cheap gizmo I think my wife got at Aldi. It works okay, but it's just not the same IMO. I like fried foods too, but I also like my arteries to not be clogged so we use the thing rather than the deep fryer and 2 qts of oil.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another delicious snack is sweet potatoes sliced crosswise (1/8"-1/4") and baked in a conventional oven. We'd row them up like fallen dominoes (one on the edge of another) on a toast pan/cookie sheet until tender. I don't think we even salted 'em.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can make awesome fries in the oven by peeling and slicing taters like fries, soak in cold water for 20 mins to remove starch, then spread on a towel to dry completely. Emphasis on completely. Preheat oven to 450*.
Separate an egg white from the yolk.
Toss the taters in the egg whites to coat completely.
Coat a cookie sheet with no stick spray and distribute the taters where they aren’t touching very much. Every couple of minutes, use a spatula to stir the fries around until they are browned to your liking.
Fat free fries!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another delicious snack is sweet potatoes sliced crosswise (1/8"-1/4") and baked in a conventional oven. We'd row them up like fallen dominoes (one on the edge of another) on a toast pan/cookie sheet until tender. I don't think we even salted 'em.

I love sweet tator fries, and onion roasted sweet tators, etc, etc. Not a fan of the normal holiday sweet potatoes but cooked without all the sugar they are great. I dish I love them in is chicken, black beans and sweet potato skillet. Kind of a latin dish with green peppers, salsa, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom