Airgun comps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My teenager has become quite good with a PCP airgun. Are there any competitions around? I don’t know anything about that world.

OkieShutr

Marksman
Reaction score
My teenager has become quite good with a PCP airgun. Are there any competitions around? I don’t know anything about that world.
OKC gun club has several airgun competitions. You can search their website for details and event dates.
Tulsa Gun Club has begun to hold field target shoots. Theirs are on the 2nd Saturday of the month.

OkieShutr

Marksman
Reaction score
Here's a short summary of available airgun shoots at OKC Gun Club. I'll try to be brief and forgive me if I miss something. I haven't shot them all.
Monday morning indoor bench rest at the main clubhouse.
Tuesday or Wednesday morning outdoor bench rest at "blackpowder" range.
Indoor silhouette (not sure of exact day, I haven't done it) at main clubhouse.
Outdoor field target at archery range. Check calendar for dates. Usually 15 lanes with two targets per lane. Two shots at each target. 10 yards to 55 yards unmarked distance. Shoot through 3/8 to 1 3/4 inch hole in faceplate to knock down target. Miss the hole and target doesn't fall.
Outdoor extreme field target at blackpowder range. Similar to regular field target but distances are given. Requires higher power rifles to knock down heavier targets at 20 to 100 yards. Holes are larger due to longer distances.
N50 at blackpowder range. Benchrest type of shoot. 75 scoring shots at 50 yards. 3 cards x 25 shots within 20 minutes each.
Small bore and big bore airgun silhouette at silhouette range. See calendar for dates. Small bore chickens at 25 yards shot standing. 50 yard pigs, 75 yard turkeys, 100 yard rams shot supported using cross sticks or bipod. Big bore similar with larger targets shot in same fashion out to 200 yards.
Coming soon. Outdoor silhouette at blackpowder range. Smaller chicken, pig, turkey, ram targets shot at medium distance (40-70 yards?) using 20 fpe or less (field target) rifles.
Details, dates and division contacts can be found through the OKC Gun Club website.

Latest posts

Top Bottom