I am a Teacher and a Veteran.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1960, if anyone in high school disrespected the flag or Pledge and it was seen or heard by one of our male teachers who for he most part were veterans, they would literally grab the offending student by the front of their shirt and lift them up and read to them from the book.
These teachers were not only veterans but were in combat and put their faith and future in this country. A lot of the teachers of today are quite frankly, anti-American liberals who indoctrinate our children.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1960, if anyone in high school disrespected the flag or Pledge and it was seen or heard by one of our male teachers who for he most part were veterans, they would literally grab the offending student by the front of their shirt and lift them up and read to them from the book.
These teachers were not only veterans but were in combat and put their faith and future in this country. A lot of the teachers of today are quite frankly, anti-American liberals who indoctrinate our children.
And a bunch of those kids graduated and became the worthless hippies that brought about the "cultural revolution".
If your ideas don't sell on their own merit, using violence is a really good way to get someone to forget logic and oppose you regardless of your position.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And a bunch of those kids graduated and became the worthless hippies that brought about the "cultural revolution".
If your ideas don't sell on their own merit, using violence is a really good way to get someone to forget logic and oppose you regardless of your position.

This. 100% this. Not just in this thread but in general.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were my kids being disrespectful and you told me about it, I can assure they would never do it again. . . .
I have two patriotic sons (44 and 49) that were raised under discipline and are fine men today. One even followed me into a law enforcement career. If I had ever found out they disrespected the flag or refused to stand during the pledge or National Anthem, they would not have been able to sit down for a week. There are some things that I will not tolerate - dishonoring my God, my faith,
my country or my family.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Sacred cows make the best burgers"

You know why zealots of every stripe want to indoctrinate children? Because a bunch of stuff we believe (as people, generally) will not stand scrutiny or logical conclusion.

Get a kid convinced of certain things when he's young, and even when he's shown the truth it becomes really, really hard for him to free himself from those certainties, if if they prove false. Show a kid why America is better, why it's wrong to steal, using facts, not mindless recitation or fear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom