AK Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive owned a bunch of them, I kept my milled Bulgarian sam7r and hungarian underfolder. The norinco mak-90 will forever hold a special place in my heart since one was my first. Love the 7.62x39 cartridge for what it is and the $/rd. Beautiful guns, rugged, reliable, all that stuff. Don't care for the selector switch or rock in magazines.

The selector switch is something isn't it?! LOL I can see both sides of the coin but it certainly seems to have been afterthought and could use a little refining! The OCD in some of us hate that damn scratch is leaves! LOL

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should try an ALG trigger. It's incredible.

As far as mounting optics goes, I have an Ultimak rail with a red dot. It's stellar.

The magpul furniture is also very nice.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

except having to cut off the front sling swivel from the handguard retainer...so dumb.

Plus, every time you put tactical furniture on an AK a Russian angel loses its wings.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss the days when they were hot blued!

AKS-762s? Beautiful! Reverse engineering is one area where the Chinese excel, whereas it's the one thing where the U.S. is terrible.....and why I will never buy a U.S.-made AK. Seems the best are from the countries where they should be the best.

Saw a few of those at the Wannenmacher show; I'm always happy to get my hands on some, even if I don't get to shoot them. The Chinese (to me) were among the best of the best, with hands-down the best triggers on any I've ever shot. For the record, one dealer had a matching pair exactly like what's in your pic. Told me he'd go $1500 each. Late in the show I ran onto a guy with a fixed stock AKS spiker - I've wanted one for years, but didn't have much cash with me. Of course, he offered it up for........$850. I'm still sore.

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AKS-762s? Beautiful! Reverse engineering is one area where the Chinese excel, whereas it's the one thing where the U.S. is terrible.....and why I will never buy a U.S.-made AK. Seems the best are from the countries where they should be the best.

Late in the show I ran onto a guy with a fixed stock AKS spiker - I've wanted one for years, but didn't have much cash with me. Of course, he offered it up for........$850. I'm still sore.

Yes they are Sile NY NY imported Chinese Norinco's. Chinese AK's have always been my kryptonite. I feel your pain. Having to walk away from a good deal on a spiker would haunt me too lol.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Also, what makes the Chinese so sought after? Trigger, overall quality? I'm no AK expert but I want to be! Just trying to learn all I can now.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom