Alan Jackson @ Ft. Sill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here at the Alan Jackson, Eastin Corbin, and Gloriana concert at Ft. Sill. Show hasn't started yet, its about 103 degrees, and the wind is blowing. Normal day for sw Oklahoma, hopefully the show is good and my wife appreciates this......

Last edited:

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a good time overall. The huge lines were a negative ( I stood in line for an Icee, and missed the entire Eastin Corbin set,) and the foul language. It was also a disappointment to see everyone leave their trash on the field. True, there weren't enough trash barrels, but come on folks.....maybe just my military side coming out there....

Yes, we stayed until the end of the fireworks, which were pretty good. I liked the one that went off on the ground where they were setting them off. Bet that was exciting for them. Got some good bonding time in the car wife my wife while we waited the hour + to leave. I forgot how much I hate the Ft. Sill dust/dirt. We were both covered, but what can you do?

Alan Jackson was the best performance by far and I'm glad we got to see him before he gets too old. He's starting to look it a little bit.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there was no long lines at the beer truck. :drunk5:

but yeah, my wife and her friend went to get us some beers and they came back with snow cones and warm beer; said the line was horrible at the sno cone trailer. and being women, got the beer first. :nono2:

had a good time though. wished we had gotten there a bit earlier, we were kinda far back. now we know for next year, get there earlier.

as far as trash cans go, i didnt see a single one. friend said that is what the noobs in basic get to do...field clean up. i felt bad, but we had no other choice than to leave our nacho tray and empty water bottle. i wasnt about to hike that crap out the half mile to the car.

and we got out of the parking lot in about 30 minutes. we were past the road in the field and by the time we got to the car, it was about cleared out.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there was no long lines at the beer truck. :drunk5:
nope :) although all they had was Coors...meh, it was cold enough

but yeah, my wife and her friend went to get us some beers and they came back with snow cones and warm beer; and being women, got the beer first. :nono2:

WELL, can't fault them for that I guess: that's what I did. Only I drank on the pitcher while I waited for my wife's snow cone.:D Had 3/4 of it gone by the time I got back to our spot...

Latest posts

Top Bottom