All Steelfingers range results will only be here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
YOu are getting much more consistent @steelfingers, looking good!!
Thanks. Any improvement I've had has came from people like you and OSA members, that have offered suggestions. When I started with the precision shooting, (which I am not near at) I just had a hunter's background. Damn good as a hunter with iron sights but this is a different bug. It's been fun and seeing results (no matter how fleeting it might be) is a gas.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a nice day at the range. First, went by my someone's gun range and he was doing some work on it but someone had a person there that had a Beretta M107A1 50 cal. CRAP.
Let me shoot a couple of rounds through it and buddy that thing has power. Just shot it at a large berm at 300 yards and it was loud. Had earplugs and headset and still loud. Darn thing shook me but not as much recoil as I was expecting. Anyway, back to the good stuff.
Weather was perfect and because some work was being done on the range, went to ada to shoot. No wind, sunshine and ammo....what could be better.
First pic is the first 4 rounds (not so good). Second picture is next 4 rounds and third the last 4 rounds. Very happy with them all. 100 yards using the 140 grain black box hornady.
Got out the Colt 6920 AR shooting 5.56 at 100 yards. Leupold 4x pig plex optic.
Three following pics are progressive from the first rounds next and next.
Shooting off the cheap bipod don't help but the trigger is the biggest issue. Need help deciding what trigger to replace it with. Suggestions would be appreciated. The colt trigger is not great on this ar. Need a better option. I think with a better trigger my results would improve greatly on the AR
It was a fun day.
Ada 1st 6.5 140 hornady.JPG
Ada 2nd 6.5 140 hornady.JPG
Ada 3rd 6.5 140 hornady.JPG

Ada 1st 5.56.JPG
Ada 2nd 5.56.JPG
Ada 3rd 5.56.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rise armament makes a nice trigger.
Thanks. I was thinking about checking out Timney because I like the one in my Ruger so much I thought they would be a great option, but need real world suggestions.
Not looking for a bench gun AR but the factory colt trigger is just not the greatest for accuracy. Something adjustable and good for both home defence and bench.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will do.

All I buy now, I have 2. Perfect trigger 2 stage and light enough for precision and heavy enough for self defense.
I've looked at those but never put much thought into them but after reading the reviews and seeing how they break, I'm sold. Had thought about the Timmeny but not as nice as the two stage that would fit all my wants and needs.
Thanks for the point out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom